Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

false adverts on redribbon.ie

Options
  • 20-04-2013 6:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭

if you go into the for her section do not purchase

Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage & Hydrobath- C-Spa, Athy, Co. Kildare

the hotel has been closed for a year and i got caught buying it to find out the hotel was closed.

they are still advertising on their website,

where you can see 5 bought still.

i rang to demand a refund for my purchase and waiting still...

beware, beware!!!!!!!!!!

:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Is this the place? Website is still active...

http://www.irishspahotels.ie/carltonabbey_hotel_kildare.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Soundman wrote: »
    Is this the place? Website is still active...

http://www.irishspahotels.ie/carltonabbey_hotel_kildare.htm

You can't book anything and apart from that page there is nothing else. The website isn't run by the Carlton its just a website for spa breaks. Try searching and its not found.

The hotel is closed. Maybe its reopening or just the spa part is opening? I never even knew the place was here.

The Clanard just up the road has on their website that its the only hotel in Athy since the Carlton closed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

i got a reply back from red ribbon who were very apologetic and refunded me my value.
    on top of that I got a voucher as well.
    so I take back anything I mentioned before.
    very professional service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Always better to deal with a company and wait for their response before titling a thread in such an unfavourable way - I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Always better to deal with a company and wait for their response before titling a thread in such an unfavourable way - I find.

No the Irish way is

"they didn't ring me back in 5 minutes so I'm now running to Joe Duffy, Boards.ie and telling the world they are ****e - me, the white knight who never ever ever ever made a mistake"

then "oh sh1t - they actually did deal with it properly and got back to me the following day"

Some day, some company will have the balls to sue the pants off someone making spurious allegations on a forum - then and only then will forums be moderated properly and company name will not be mentioned unless there is absolute proof of the wrongdoing with no corrective action taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Sorry for digging up this zombie but it appears on Google search for Redribbon.ie I was given a birthday gift in April of €100 vouchers but see this week that their site is closed now with a message to go to retailer for refund.
    As a gift I don't have a receipt but they were bought in a Tesco store I called in earlier to be stupidly informed they're not the retailer and no receipt no refund
    Anyone know anything about this Redribbon lot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you perhaps buy using a credit or debit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Domain: redribbon.ie
    Domain Holder: Scream Limited
    Admin-c: AJT503-IEDR
    Tech-c: HH36-IEDR
    Account Name: Register 365
    Registrar Abuse Contact: Service not supported currently
    Registration Date: 14-September-2009
    Renewal Date: 14-September-2019
    Holder-type: Billable
    Locked status: NO

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Scream-Limited-272223

May Trade As:

Butler & Bell
    Coupobox
    Deal Cloud
    Deluxe Dining
    Entitle Me Entitlements
    Opinions Market Research
    Premier Club
    Reward BankingTreat Card
    Yipit
    Win Win
    Reep
    Hotel PointsVoucher CloudClub Card Breaks
    Kickback
    Prime LifeReap
    Red Ribbon
    All Deals
    All My Daily Deals
    Bnm Partner Points
    Click and Collect
    Experiences
    Privileges
    Pure Privileges
    Quidco
    Reward Voucher
    Rewards For You
    ShopitizeTesco Breaks
    Universyl Multimedia.

. . and 30 other names

dudara wrote: »
    Did you perhaps buy using a credit or debit card?

my daughter and wife bought with cash unfortuanately

thanks for that where would you start ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

gernon wrote: »
    As a gift I don't have a receipt but they were bought in a Tesco store I called in earlier to be stupidly informed they're not the retailer and no receipt no refund

If they were bought in Tesco, they are the retailer, but they have you with the "no receipt no refund" angle.

For "receipt" any valid "Proof of Purchase" would do, not just a Till receipt, but if cash was used, not sure what "Proof of Purchase" you could use.

If they were bought in Tesco, they are the retailer, but they have you with the "no receipt no refund" angle.

For "receipt" any valid "Proof of Purchase" would do, not just a Till receipt, but if cash was used, not sure what "Proof of Purchase" you could use.

The daughter actually found the receipt today so be interesting to see what they say next visit but I expect " oh nothing to do with us" this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

gernon wrote: »
    The daughter actually found the receipt today so be interesting to see what they say next visit but I expect " oh nothing to do with us" this time.

There may be other terms and conditions when buying third party vouchers - its not my area, but I'd suspect that tesco were acting as facilitator rather than the retailer.

Same company also operates supervalu breaks

https://www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com/terms-and-conditions - see "Payment for your Supervalu breaks" for the payment name being Sream Ltd

Facebook page not updated for 4 years - https://www.facebook.com/redribbon.ie/

No mention of them anywhere in recent months or even years.

When was the voucher purchased as the company behind it seems to be very healthy financially and it seems that they just decided not to continue with the redribbon concept?

Just an update I went back to the Manager in Tesco yesterday with the receipt and got a Tesco gift card in lieu no problem so happy out. Apparently he emailed head office after I went in initially and they confirmed that Redribbon were gone out of business and to withdraw all their vouchers and offer a gift card refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Good result, nice one.

Advertisement