Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's in you car boot?

• 20-04-2013 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

So boardsies, if you drive, what's in your car boot?

I have a Gerry can for diesel if I run out. A toe hitch rope. A repair kit, jack, pump, reflector jacket, warning triangle and rain coat in case I have to travel or walk in pissings of rain and an angles grinder in case the slithery serpent clampers clamp me illegally (and in the wrong, might I add) again and my fathers birthday present

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭madchild

spare wheel did you forget yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

A macdonalds bag with the box from a quarter punder and all the juice and cheese encrusted on it.

I couldnt be arsed picking it up because I have no idea how long it has been there.

Don't judge me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Shovel, rope and some black bags.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

trunk11.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

I have a Gerry can for diesel if I run out. A toe hitch rope. A repair kit, jack, pump, reflector jacket, warning triangle and rain coat in case I have to travel or walk in pissings of rain and an angles grinder in case the slithery serpent clampers clamp me illegally (and in the wrong, might I add) again and my fathers birthday present

I have no need for any of that stuff, AA bring their own tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

The decomposing bodies of Jedward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Puncture repair foam and a kite

I think I have jump leads, warning triangle, a bright safety jacket, and I think there's a jack in there as well
    No spare tyre as mine doesn't come with those, I need to buy one of the space saver ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

so thats where he is, you sicken me :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

A body board, a wetsuit, a bucket and a pair of high heels :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Traces of semen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Spiders. Lots of spiders

A printer toner box

A toolbox with my brain in it

An oil temperature module

Bungee cords for bungeeing stuff

An array of nuts, bolts and washers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

A hi-viz vest, a cushion and empty Redbull cans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Spare car key in case i ever lock mine in the car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭1hottmofo

Lucyfur wrote: »

Do you wear the heels when surfing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

A lot of cash.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

1hottmofo wrote: »
    Do you wear the heels when surfing

Depends if I'm solo surfing or surfing with company...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

The kids...well they were annoying me....mwwwoooaaaahhhhhaaaahhhaaahhaaaaahhhaaa

Lucyfur wrote: »

you have the makings of a good movie there, wear the wetsuit and high heels, put the body board on the bucket which is turned upside down and placed on an uneven surface or hill.

stand on the body board and try to stay on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I use mine as additional storage, so there's things in there that were annoying me in the house. What I need is a shed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

Currently nothing but jump leads. I use my back seat as a make shift boot. I put my bits and pieces there, which normally is gym stuff,school bag,jacket and a bottle of water. I love having shag all responsibilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Spare tyre, jack, 2 bags of coal, a chain, lamp, rope and a hammer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Used to drive around with my friend Dave in the booth, managed to make a Clio a 6-seater..

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭Fr_Fitzexactly

There is a wee section under the floor of the boot that usually has the spare but that spare isn't in there anymore because I used it yesterday. There is lots in that section like spare wiper blades, a rope and a ratchet strap

I'm not sure whats in the rest of the boot. An orbital sander and loads of other stuff I should probably take out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Trolly jack, axle stand, two blankets (one for dogs one for peoples), two hi-vis vests, wheel, wheel brace, bulbs, coolant, oil, lowering springs, random screw drivers, hiking boots.

I need more space in the house.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Third party jack as the scissors jack it came with is utter sheeeite, as they nearly always are. Rename them to "HeartattackKnucklescraping device". Power bar for removing wheel nuts, as again the one supplied is as much use as a tinkers curse, rug, tyreweld foam, spare wheel, a spacesaver, but the spare wheelwell can actually take a full sized wheel*(near 20 year old car design so...), tow rope, small air compressor that runs off the fag lighter, torch, warning triangle and first aid kit. All that fits in snugly with the spacesaver wheel in the wheelwell.

*had a Renault many years ago and the effin spare wheel was hanging in a cage on the underside of the car. Right pain in the tits.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

a roll of duct tape...a chain saw....a spade....and some red stains on the carpet of the boot. hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Water, a bag of Twix, windscreen washer fluid, proper jack, 5L of petrol, 2L of engine oil, jump leads, flashlight, duct tape, silicon sealant, jubilee clips, glowsticks, hammer/axe/knife thing, kitchen paper, electric tyre pump, spare wheel, the list goes on...

Wibbs, what car do you drive? I get the impression you're a car enthusiast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

ElChe32 wrote: »
    The decomposing bodies of Jedward.

Could you not have kept them alive to try a jedward centipede?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

A copy of Koyaansqatsi on DVD and a watering can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Shergar and a bale of hay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

A shovel, some plastic sheets, rope, a roll of duct tape and a detailed map of the Wicklow Mountains.

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Shergar and a bale of hay!

In case the engine packs up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Spare wheel, a pack of belvita biscuits, tin of shaving foam, shower gel, a sock and a pair of jeans.

Gerry has been looking for that! :mad: :P

All I have is dust! Had a load of Cisco kit in it that was worth more than the car the other day though.

• Advertisement

Gerry has been looking for that! :mad: :P

All I have is dust! Had a load of Cisco kit in it that was worth more than the car the other day though.

Let me guess an 8-port gigabit switch and a 7960G, and the car is a 97 Corsa 1.2 3-cylinder petrol? (35bhp when new, 15 or less now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A buggy, a car seat, two easter eggs and the kids school bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

2 cans of flat fixer and a burst bag of crisps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Fired out the spare wheel and have had a midget gimp in there now for three years, he lives off the moisture from the rear window.
    you should see the look on the NCT testers faces. Car has passed every time though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭johnnydeep

my dog and my wife. iam going to leave them for another hour and see which of them is most pleased to see me when I open it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Spare wheel, shopping bags, dog lead, bag of clothes for the charity bin and lots of leaflets I pick up in shops with the intention of reading them.

Spare wheel, jack, cars battery, warning triangle, dressing gown, hard hat, engine oil, petrol can, handbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

A Chechnyan.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bean_Flicker

Nothing at all :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Shotgun, shovel and a bag of lime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Spare wheel. Jack. A petrol jug. Jump leads. A pair of wellies. A flashlight. A triangle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

medium sized toolkit, packet of 1amp fuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

A puncture repair kit. I don't use my boot that much.

Spare wheel, a pack of belvita biscuits, tin of shaving foam, shower gel, a sock and a pair of jeans.

fapping sock?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement