Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's in you car boot?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

My mother in law,who went on holiday last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Madeline MCcann .................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Secondary weapon and ammunition, first aid kit, jack and spare wheel.

Onstar for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

nanook5 wrote: »
    Madeline MCcann .................

This thread has gone from a somewhat half interesting thread about useful items that people might carry in the boot to people desperately trying to milk it for any remaining 'thanks' it might have to offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Just had to clear this lot out of the boot for the NCT the bastards, The missus is asking all sorts of questions now.

My Car Boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

A sail.

It's a car boot sail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Lucyfur wrote: »
    A body board, a wetsuit, a bucket and a pair of high heels :/
    interesting gear [though a bit random,does the high heels go with the wetsuit?:p],woud love to be able to do body boarding.

in mine is a big bin bag full of straw for several chicken coops,some weird looking car things [yeah am not a driver] and when am picked up in it tomorow the wheelie will go in it.
    it needs a profesional clean like the rest of the car,its in a right mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

My boot is full of my boyfriend and his kids crap. Nothing belonging to me, just loads of smelly football kit, wet sandy shoes, a guitar, an amp, school bags and loads of dust and rubbish.

I want my clean nice smelling car back :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Loads of "essential bargains" bought in Lidl. They get fecked in the boot and never see the light of day. Some time I will be stuck for 10 tubes of cheap silicone though, then it will all pay off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Just loads and loads of clothes. Like a second wardrobe in there. Think I have a subconscious phobia of breaking down somewhere really cold:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Empty plastic bags and a crate for when I go shopping. Extra shoes. A plastic milk jug full of old manky oil I keep forgetting to recycle. Spare bulbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

Loads of tools, a torch, a little air compressor and a wheel brace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I have a space saver wheel, jack, wheel brace, a triangle thingy to put on the road if i break down, bag of empty bottles etc. from when I cleaned out the car, dog guard, dog lead, a couple of old blankets for the dog, some clothes from last time I was out and being honest I don't know what else.

Things on my list to get, a car lighter comressor, a jerry can, a new of jump leads as someone set my old ones on fire by putting them on wrong and a set of sockets and possibly wrenches, and maybe someday a real spare wheel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I keep emergency booze there, so if an impromptu sesh breaks out after 10pm ( somewhere I can crash or get home from) I am prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Repair kit, luminous jacket, wellies, shopping bags, oil-cloth, torch, first-aid kit, spare wheel, spare can of diesel and god knows what else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

My Mother in Law, wrapped up in Carpet

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Metal baseball bat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Right now some jumper cables, atf, dot3 and work gloves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Nothing but the spare. Cleared out for NCT Monday morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

no

body

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

no

body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

biko wrote: »
    Right now some jumper cables, atf, dot3 and work gloves.

What does DOT3 mean ? Is this some secret Code ??

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

uch wrote: »
    What does DOT3 mean ? Is this some secret Code ??

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOT_3

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Snow chains. Helmet. Webbing (with all the usual goodies: Multitool, GPS, canteen, torch, seatbelt cutter). Jumper cables. Razor and shaving cream. Touch-up paint. Spare tyre is underneath the boot floor. Ultrasonic thickness gauge.

BTW, OP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerrycan

As in "Jerry", the Germans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Amp, subwoofer, tool box, jerrycan, rain gear, spare work clothes, spare tyre and usually a few empty cans of energy drinks thrown in for good measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Nothing, it's spotless.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Right now, theres a pair of ski pants, some rain gear, a pair of wellies, some kids toys, a 5 litre jerrycan thats empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

Currently a load of beech timber for the fire , don't worry I'll get my missus to clean the boot later.

At the moment, spare tyre etc, jump leads, tool kit, rechargeable vacuum cleaner, oil for topping up the car, a jacket and a squash racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

I think I'm still a wee bit drunk from last nite and I found this thread amusing so I looked in my boot, like the enormous idiot I am. Nothing but a Moro wrapper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Jamie MK2

An engine
    car mats
    hi viz jacket
    hi viz vests, yellow and orange
    bag of tools, bulbs, wires
    and spare wheel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

and old radio, bed sheets and some more stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Spare tyre, jerry can, jack, wheel brace, loads of canvas shopping bags and a nice big bag of chip bark that I just bought in B&Q that's got a hole in it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

AH answer: Your sister

Real answer: A gear bag full of used gear. Always. Whether it's from football, cycling, gym, swimming there's always a f**kin gear bag that I've forgotten to take out and wash. Never moere than a day or two though.....ok maybe three..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement