Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking Error Online

Options
  • 20-04-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

So I booked flights online a few moments ago and wrote in fake names to get the final price. Now this was in one tab with the real names in the second tab and was booked on the fake names. I cant get through to the company due to office closing times. They charge €110 to change the name on the flights but these are obviously fake names.

Does anyone know if they would be so gracious as to change such an obvious error without charging the whole lot?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

If it's ryanair i doubt it.

Try calling them when the office opens - some people have gotten it done for free (be nice and polite - might help!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ryanair are usually decent about changing genuine name mistakes (Typos, slight differences between the Passport name and the Booking name etc), but I suspect they wouldn't feel inclined to amend a fake name for less than the standard fee.

Still worth ringing them to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Does Distance Selling / Cooling Off Period apply to flight tickets purchased over the interweb?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

RangeR wrote: »
    Does Distance Selling / Cooling Off Period apply to flight tickets purchased over the interweb?

Nope. It doesn't apply to airline tickets. Can't find the reference now, but it should be on the consumer advice website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

No chance OP. And I'm struggling to find the logic in going to the trouble of inserting fake names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

No chance OP. And I'm struggling to find the logic in going to the trouble of inserting fake names.

Presumably to check the final price with whatever options the OP was selecting?
    It's obviously quicker to type Mr jdshfk of riuyeairyeq St, hskdha than Mr Monseiur Bob, Bobland, Co. Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Perhaps slightly quicker in the very short term, but obviously not when you make a booking using them. So lesson learned, you're not really saving anything by inserting fake names.

Advertisement