Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking to find any female or mixed tag rugby, soccer etc

Options
  • 20-04-2013 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'am looking to find any female or mixed tag rugby, soccer ect in galway city!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Colga Ladies has a facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/colga.fc.10?fref=ts might be worth a look..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Colga aren't near the City though.

Renmore and Corrib Rangers (Westside) would be good options. Renmore play in the first division and Rangers play in the Premier Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 luckylass

Thanks for the help everyone !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Hi,
    We are currently in the proces of looking for some girls to join our tag rugby team based here in Galway city. We have a number of girls and fellas, but are looking for some additional girls for subs. We are currently playing in the NUIG spring league, which is played in Dangan on Wednesdays nights. We normally train on Renmore and Laurel Park pitches on a Monday or Tuesday night, based on whichever night is free for the most players. You are more than welcome to call out to have a look at one of the games or take part in one or two trainings before committing to anything.

For the summer, we will be playing in the Corinthians league out on the Tuam road, every Thursday night. We have a few experienced players, but our team mostly consists of beginners, so players at any level are more than welcome to join.

If you are interested, sure give us a reply or send us a PM. Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 sunflower13

Hi just noticed your thread, Im living in Galway too and have been really wanting to get involved with a team sport, ladies or mixed.....I missed registration for summer league tag rugby as i was tied up with work:(

just wondering did you end up joining any sports team or if there is anyone else interested in this?

I was hoping that there might be some places still available on a tag team for the summer league, but ive done a little googling and doesnt seem so:(! if anyone knows anyone looking for a team member let me know!! would really love to be outdoors playing a team sport in this weather!

Advertisement