Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlton Gym membership

Options
  • 20-04-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm thinking of joining a gym and this seems to be the best I've seen so far for classes and price etc. Also I've been a few times and there doesn't seem to be a lot of people using equipment at the same time, pool etc.

Any good or bad stories appreciated!

Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kinsey2010

Mods, can you please move to Galway City section. Posted here by mistake.
    Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Moved from LGBT

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fixer Upper

It's pretty good with no waiting times usually, NRG has newer equipment and is good too but a bit more expensive too. (although you can bargain to bring the price close)
    The NUIG kingfisher gets very busy and the other one in Renmore is cheap but terrible by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Were members and find it great, only really pool users though as one adult and 2 kids. Find lower level on pool great for swimming lessons. Downside is sauna & steam room need revanp. It's Connaught hotel now, unless your talking about Carlton in Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Its Only Me!

I've been going for over a year. Checked out a few city gyms 1st. Equipment is good & well maintained. Can get busy at times but in general no problem getting machine time. Pool is good. Have no problems with Sauna or Steam Room. Changing rooms are kept in good condition as are the showers. Also get a discount in the restaurant if your a member. Overall happy with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement