Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apollo Gallery

Options
  • 20-04-2013 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I have a voucher of considerable value for this gallery on Dawson st which closed earlier this year. Was in it back in feb and they told me they were moving around the corner to duke street. Called into the new gallery and was told I can only redeem vouchers against certain artists and that the two gallery's have nothing to do with each other despite being registered to the same address and have common directors. Can't find any formal notice that the Apollo gallery has been liquidated - perhaps they are separate and they are accepting vouchers in a restricted way out of goodness but it all seems a bit strange to me! Anyone know anything about this or what actually happened to the Apollo? Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

The Apollo Gallery, on Dublin’s Dawson Street, has closed following a six-year legal dispute over upward-only rent reviews. Julian Charlton, who runs the gallery with his brother, Edward, criticised the Government for reneging on a pre-election commitment to address the system’s archaic rules. He said: “This Government came in on an election promise that they would eliminate this but the first thing they did was turn around to the people who voted for them and said they are not going to do that. We are not a mobile phone shop, we are an art gallery, and we are part of Irish culture”.

It’s not all bad news however. Mr Charlton said he hopes to be able to open up another gallery around the corner on Duke Street in the coming months.

http://visualartists.ie/news/apollo-gallery-closes-in-dispute-over-rent-reviews/

So the Apollo Gallery should have reopened somewhere in town as that article was back in September.

Advertisement