Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**EIRTAKON 2013 - 22nd-24th NOV - CROKE PARK CONVENTION CENTRE**

Options
  • 20-04-2013 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Eirtakon is back! Year 9, how time flies eh? Well this year we're kicking it up high and aiming for the crossbars as we move venue to Croke Park! That's right - Ireland's largest and longest running anime convention is now being held in one of the biggest convention centres in the country! The entire centre has been booked out and attendees can be sure it will be used to its fullest extent.

With a new venue comes a slight date shift, as Eirtakon is now running from Friday November 22nd until Sunday November 24th. Plenty of time to get those cosplays ready, we think.

Over the coming months plenty of info will be announced, including special guests, new events, traders, artists and plenty of surprises in between.

In the meantime, why not head over to the Eirtakon website, check in on the Facebook or follow the Twitter?
    Pre-Register now to guarantee yourself an exclusive con t-shirt!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Great to hear. I look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

I remember when this was all just fields it was a bunch of chairs in the venue in The Hub, and an EVA-03 for raffle if you signed up with Eirtaku (Or it might've been anime.ie), and not really that much else. Maybe Poky.

I think there might even have been more people at Anime Dublin a few weeks back than at the original Eirtakon.

I suppose that says a lot about how far the scene has come on since before 2005.

Already preregistered anyway - which I think is my first time doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Hopefully, il get to go this year! Always seem to end up working that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D

Tempted to volunteer....hmmm....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

KonFusion wrote: »
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D

Tempted to volunteer....hmmm....
    Same. One of my friends has worked there the last 2-3 years and it seemed like good fun.

It's a good con, I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll be like in Croker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

I'll be going, this will be my first convention so i'll just see how it is. No cosplay :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Could be my first year, will see. w00t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Right so.....Night's Watch cosplay anyone?

I've already started putting it together! :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I need to assess my work situation and beg for some days off... it may be the first one I've missed in 5 years :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How can you not ask for some days off on a weekend in november when it's june! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I took a month off in April to go to Argentina, and I've taken more time off to go to Japan in September, brah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

So, next weekend, eh? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

^ Hopefully for me. My accommodation plans kind of fell through. I'll probably head up just for the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Schedule for the 3 days are up, linky to the Google Docs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Schedule for the 3 days are up, linky to the Google Docs

So it's only open from 4 every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

So it's only open from 4 every day?

Scroll to the left a bit more on the other tabs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Scroll to the left a bit more on the other tabs :P

I'm an eejit and never noticed the tabs down the bottom for the different days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Looking forward to this :) First time too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭mollymosfet

any news on that subforum that was meant to be created for the sexism panel?

Advertisement