Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem connecting laptop to TV via VGA cable

Options
  • 20-04-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I've been connecting the same laptop to the same tv with a vga cable for about two years. All of a sudden, I'm getting "no signal" from the TV end. The computer is definitely recognising the computer as a monitor. Dell laptop Windows XP, Toshiba LCD TV. Any ideas why this might have happened??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

laptop gone to sleep? Press the pwer button on laptop for a couple of secs, to turn it off then reboot.
    Check cables

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭whizbang

If you search google for 'mating cycles' of a vga connector, the specs are often only 100 cycles.

ie. the connector is only expected to work properly for up to 100 times (plug and unplug =1 cycle)

so maybe the cables broken...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

SET resolution to 1024x768,
    refresh rate grahics card to 60mhz.
    Reboot pc, see does image appear, on tv, make sure pc is set to output vga.

http://grok.lsu.edu/article.aspx?articleid=5816

SEE can you see settings in graphics settings advanced ,tv out .
    I dont think theres any limit re how much times you can plug in a vga cable,
    What tv are you using,eg sony 560j what os is on the pc,

Advertisement