Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that send shivers down your spine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

The soundtrack to Braveheart is a bit of a goosebumper.

Skip to 1:48 for the tingly bit.

Said to myself, shur I've heard that a million times. Skipped to 1:48, tingles all over instantly.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Undertaker bell toll, haven't watched much of the auld wrestling in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

The thoughts of staying the night at Leap Castle, Co. Offaly. I hope to do it at some stage though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

This place:

loftus%25282%2529.jpg

Where is this place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    That's a very emotional song too. But it's the one that plays during the closing credits that kills me.

Yeah that would put shivers down the spine, especially when showing Collin's funeral at the end.

That film had a serious soundtrack. It was nominated for an Oscar and should have won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Hearing "You'll Never Walk Alone" sung by the crowd in Anfield before kick-off on a European Cup night. Haven't heard it for a long time unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,349 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

chrissb8 wrote: »
    You know what I mean. Something you've heard or watched has given you that tingle of happiness or motivation or emotion in general

Sometimes it happens right here on Board. Even on After Hours... as sick as this place normally is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭DaithiMa

I Wanna Be Adored when the Roses played the Phoenix Park. Was too young to see them first time around, but it was definitely worth waiting for. One of the best nights of my life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

they say its someone walking on your grave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Where is this place?

Loftus Hall. That place is seriously eery. Get the shivers before you even get to it.

http://www.loftushall.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

Whole song is incredible, but from 9:53 on and especially from 11:40 gets me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

There's something fierce emotive about this tune too. Not so much tingly, rather, melancholy.

Clannad: Theme from Harry's Game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Three big ones for me anseo
    A)

B) Several parts of this vid

C) and this of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Dick Hoyt looking after his son, who has to use a wheelchair, but wanted to know what running felt like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

The italian national anthem always gets me, such a powerful song, also most operatic pices and anything by mastodon, or skream...bit of a varied taste in music if im honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Would agree with the CL music, always brings back memories of Istanbul, 3-0 down at half time, came back to 3-3 in the space of 10 minutes or so and just divine intervention and fate after that (and I don't believe in divine intervention). Anfield on a European night, even the Europa Cup, 3-0 down, score one and the fight back is on, Anfield roar goes up, history and legends get remembered, the opposition visibly wilts, the shivers go down the spine.

All Ireland day, Croker, the national anthem and your county are there. Doesn't match being at an Ulster Championship match in the Athletic Grounds in Armagh and hearing the anthem sang with such pride and meaning.

Things like the Good Friday Agreement, the Berlin Wall falling, Obama elected, moments of history.

As for Michael Collins, the Wind that shakes the Barley is far better, and really gets at the emotional core of the Civil War.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Bernard Dunnes win over the Cuban lad to become world champ. The buzz on the way into the point was electric. A last minute score against the Welsh had won us the triple crown, earlier in the day. This was at the start of the recession and it was hitting us hard. People needed something to cheer about and our lads duly delivered.

Long time since we won either a world title or the six nations. But like a bus, the two of them came at once. Dunne was dropped twice in one of the earlier rounds and looked a dunne deal. But somehow, he came back and won. Emotions ranged from hope, excitement, despair, hope again, exhilaration, ecstacy and then worry when the cuban lad didnt get back to his feet after a few minutes - and then to celebration when he got the all clear.

A magnificent day for irish sport - watching the highlight of the fight still gets me to this day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w7mDUVUe24Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Undertaker bell toll, haven't watched much of the auld wrestling in years.

Yup, and this... best return ever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Bernard Dunnes win over the Cuban lad to become world champ. The buzz on the way into the point was electric. A last minute score against the Welsh had won us the triple crown, earlier in the day. This was at the start of the recession and it was hitting us hard. People needed something to cheer about and our lads duly delivered.

Long time since we won either a world title or the six nations. But like a bus, the two of them came at once. Dunne was dropped twice in one of the earlier rounds and looked a dunne deal. But somehow, he came back and won. Emotions ranged from hope, excitement, despair, hope again, exhilaration, ecstacy and then worry when the cuban lad didnt get back to his feet after a few minutes - and then to celebration when he got the all clear.

A magnificent day for irish sport - watching the highlight of the fight still gets me to this day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w7mDUVUe24Q

Nice, but McGuigan beating Pedroza beats it, close to 30 years ago, the whole nation was glued in.

Stephen Roche finishing second to Delgado on a stage of the Tour de France and needed oxygen afterwards, Delgado who went onto to be a legend himself, but without that monumental effort, Roche would have lost.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

This for me.

K-9 wrote: »
    Nice, but McGuigan beating Pedroza beats it, close to 30 years ago, the whole nation was glued in.

Stephen Roche finishing second to Delgado on a stage of the Tour de France and needed oxygen afterwards, Delgado who went onto to be a legend himself, but without that monumental effort, Roche would have lost.

Wasn't alive for either, man. I see you are from Donegal. Donegals victory over my beloved Dubs in 92 would be up there for me. My ma was dating a Donegal lad and he brought me to the game. He bought me the full Dublin kit and I became a full kit w*nker. In my defence, I was barely out of nappies. :)

I had to share my boxroom bedroom with three of his nephews that night. Even though the dubs lost, it is one of my fondest childhood memories. First all Ireland, being a wee dub stuck in with Donegal fans, the bars after, first time making friends with non Dubs, going to the red cow for lunch before they all drove home again.

Simpler times. :)

When you lot regained Sammy last September, it brought it all back. Its weird what makes us emotional.

justshane wrote: »
    This for me.

Ive never seen that before. Thanks for sharing - a moving clip.

These damn onions, man!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

galwayrush wrote: »
    Led Zeppelin live.:cool:

We're you at the London gig in 07 or did you hear them back in the 70s. I know that they played Ireland in 71 at the boxing stadium, my father was it, he says he can still hear Bonhams's symbols ringing in his ears. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

This scared the willies out of me as a kid a long long time ago. And you know what, it still F-ing does. I suspect many of you will never have seen this before..... In which case *evil grin* enjoy :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcHmWLYmwgo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Yn4b9iClE

The religious shite at the end totally ruins it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This for me.

you will like this one so:

There was also a moment at Nagano 98 when Bjorn Daehlie (one of the greatest winter olympians of all time) waited for more than 20 minutes after winning a gold medal, to encourage a skiier from....Ghana, or Nigeria....or Kenya....who was slowly finishing the race in last place. He waited even though he was told that the medal ceremony was scheduled to start. He told them he wouldn't be there until the last man had finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

My first trip to Croke Park in 1987 when Galway won the All Ireland.

I think it's something unique that we have in Ireland, that feeling you get when your county is playing, and no matter where someone moves to during their life they will always root for the county they were born in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Criss cross, tomato sauce
    Spider crawling up your back,
    Cool breeze,
    Tight squeeze,
    Now you've got the shivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The day England first played in Croke Park and the silence and tension when they sang God save the Queen. Then when we sang ours, I genuinely had a tear in my eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

016.JPG

This...........I Imagine what went on there and it gives me chills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

Gemma Hayes singing "Ae fond kiss" Totally amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭md23040

My 14 year sons book by Suzanne Collins the Mockingay near the end has the line

"We (humans) are fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self destruction"

Maybe that is a salient lesson for all young people to learn and take stock from, and this Irish You-Tube video always sends shivers down my spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

The poem in the film 'The Grey'.
    This is one of my fav movies.
    It's not that the poem is great or anything but in the film the way neeson delivers it is magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Ecstasy og gold by ennio marricone with a opera singer....just amazing...brings a tear to my eye its that powerfull.....Especially when Metallica enter the stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Around the 7:20 mark onward the way the father of the indian that was killed pursues Magua with total recklessness gets me every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭olcod

This song does it every time, what a song and what a film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy6iwP9Ux3A

And this one, amazing song to a very hard hitting video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENuJMvU3vEI

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ukonline

This scared the willies out of me as a kid a long long time ago. And you know what, it still F-ing does. I suspect many of you will never have seen this before..... In which case *evil grin* enjoy :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcHmWLYmwgo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/QUOTE]

I remember starting to watch that as a teenager and thinking it was just a crappy made-for-TV movie.

I was wrong!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

• Registered Users Posts: 48 SkyBlooo

For the first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

As a boy I was obsessed with dinosaurs. This scene has brought tears to my eyes on many an occasion, 20 years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Touching fresh yeast. I get it locally and it's amazing for making bread, much much better than the dried stuff, but it feels awful.

It looks like plasticine but it feels... squeaky. Clingy but not sticky. Bearing in mind that it's live it has more in common with fungus than anything else. Eurgh. *shivers* Disgusting stuff. I usually just drop the whole thing in some warm water and honey without touching it and shake the bowl rather than crumble it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

when i see someone biting into an ice pop.oh jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

fitted beautifully into the movie i thought, and the applause at the end enhanced it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Flower of Scotland at Murrayfield...when the bagpipes stop playing at the final verse and the crowd sing in unison...amazing every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Played over the closing credits of Name of the Father *shiver*:

I know I'm a sap but this still sends massive shivers down my spine. The pride!

Killarney 2001.

Me now departed grandfather brought me and me best pal down.

We were a terrible team, but us Dubs travelled in numbers. Me grandfather barely drank, but he fed us two teens (barely teenagers) pints. Knock out their fascination with the stuff, he said.

We were toxic for most of the game. But in the final few, we came back. Whealo the gawwwd put us in front with minutes remaining - then Maurice scored "that point".

What a game. What an atmosphere (hill 17 is Dublin only) - http://m.youtube.com/results?q=dublin%20kerry%202001

I hate Maurice Fitzgerald.

• Advertisement
Advertisement