Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newborn struggles!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Well lil man still hasn't improved iv tried all the required things to try and change of food water all that but no good today he is really bad screaming and pushing and not wanting to drink much of his bottle so I went to chemist and they recommended soy milk so tryin that and goin to my gp Tuesday to talk to them if it gets worse in mean time I'll go to out of hours surgery. So hard not to cry when he is in pain and nothin I can do he must feel I don't want to help him it's awful

Cry if you need to. God knows I've cried so much watching our little man in pain, hopefully the soya helps a bit but maybe go to gp anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I cried more than once over constipation :( definitely head to gp on tues: we were put on lactolose and that definitely helped, so don't despair. My Gp sent us to a&e when she was 4 weeks old for tests so if your not happy definitely head to out of hours doc.

Does anything give him relief?

cyning wrote: »
    I cried more than once over constipation :( definitely head to gp on tues: we were put on lactolose and that definitely helped, so don't despair. My Gp sent us to a&e when she was 4 weeks old for tests so if your not happy definitely head to out of hours doc.

Does anything give him relief?

We had concerns over our little man and took him to a&e in crumlin. As he hadn't yet been vaccinated we were seen immediately and he was thoroughly checked over. Don't be afraid to seek whatever care you think he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

He's not too bad now for first time all day. Only thing relieves him is crying and falling asleep :-(

Defo goin doc and think bout out of hours if he gets worse tonight

Well Finally Jack has his bowl issues sorted I out him on the soy milk friday and saturday, sunday and monday he has pooped so my advice when all else fails try the soy it cant hurt anything to help them along.. thanks for all the advice much appreciated in my time of frustration

• Advertisement

Well Finally Jack has his bowl issues sorted I out him on the soy milk friday and saturday, sunday and monday he has pooped so my advice when all else fails try the soy it cant hurt anything to help them along.. thanks for all the advice much appreciated in my time of frustration

That's great news ss. Poor wee mite won't know himself to be able to poo in comfort.

He is a changed baby even had 8 hours between feeds the other night it was heaven. Now he has 2 poo's a day can't believe it

Well one problem solved then constant gettin sick. So far today he has kept an ounce maybe two down in the last 18 hours has anyone had this??

Advertisement