Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Càr park - teaching someone to drive

• 21-04-2013 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a suggestion for showing someone for first time how to move a car around?
    Somewhere wide open with no cars on a sunday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Go to the Raheen Industrial Estate. Its perfect as it has roads and everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, agreed. That's where I started off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Parkway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Armelodie wrote: »
    Parkway

No cars on a Sunday? You'd want to be up early. The Crescent would be much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Mc Love wrote: »
    No cars on a Sunday? You'd want to be up early. The Crescent would be much better.

Sorry I learned to drive there a good while ago! How about industrial estate around castletroy ...raheen used to be packed with l drivers too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

National Technology Park. I work there and I often see learner drivers around there. Not as many roads as Raheen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

For a person that never sat behind a wheel before I'd give shopping centres a miss. I brought my daughter out to Plassey, let her drive in a straight line up and down on the same stretch if road, I did the turning for her, next time I let her turn, next time I had her driving around the estate a but, then did the UL circle. The road I started on was the road down to the indoor golf place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Yeah UL would b a good place during the summer months or even at weekends down the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Mc Love wrote: »
    Its perfect as it has roads and everything!

No wai!

It's nearly a limerick tradition that one learns how to drive in raheen industrial estate at this stage. You have all the necessary road markings, signage and a roundabout to help you. You're only missing a set of traffic lights. Plenty of big empty car parks if you want to keep off the road too

• Advertisement
Advertisement