Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your favourite limerick band from any era ?

• 21-04-2013 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Did you have a favourite live band from Limerick you liked or loved? From any era ? I loved Tuesday Blue , Tucandance. The good old cranberries of course. A good current band is We come in pieces . Who did you like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

Catkins407 wrote: »
    Did you have a favourite live band from Limerick you liked or loved? From any era ? I loved Tuesday Blue , Tucandance. The good old cranberries of course. A good current band is We come in pieces . Who did you like?

Hitchers. Liver - brilliant. Strachen song - genius. Only two among a lot of brilliant songs. Youtube them. Well worth a listen.

Think the lead guy is going by the name theme tune boy or something of the sort. More good tracks there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There was a band around 2002/3 that I thought were very good. One of the band members was a lecturer in LIT - sound man too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Catkins407

Mc Love wrote: »
    There was a band around 2002/3 that I thought were very good. One of the band members was a lecturer in LIT - sound man too.

One of the lads in We Come in pieces has a brother a lecturer in LIT , weird lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Woodstar is the band your thinking of me thinks definitely my favorite Limerick band

They never had a commercial release so I doubt many will remember them, but my own favorite was definitely The Coup, back around '89 to '91 or so. I was friends with one of them so had (still have) their demos and some live recordings.

A few years later and I also liked Hatch 77, who had sort of a jangly Wedding Present style to them, plus Giveamanakick who I suppose were reasonably well known at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

sioda wrote: »
    Woodstar is the band your thinking of me thinks definitely my favorite Limerick band

Thats it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I'm a huge fan of Moscow Metro, check out their stuff if you haven't heard of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Any one old enough to remember Reform or Grannies Intentions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭oikster

The O' Malley Brothers and their famous dog "Bollocks" :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Will I be chased out of here if I mention Hermitage Green?

The Funk Junkies are phenomenal, but as they don't perform their own material they might not belong in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Catkins407

Sadly I do remember both reform and grannies intentions lol the O Malleys were and are Limerick legends lol can I just state I was dragged out to pubs from a very early age by my older siblings. I looked older but they never checked anyway in those days. You could go in to Buddy's in your school uniform lol That's the ONLY reason I know those bands and really Grannies were actually before my time but I knew the name lol Now delighted I clarified that. Bet everyone else is too lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Windings for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

DeBurca wrote: »

Reform yes and a good bnd tio but can't recall Grannies Intentions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

The Lollygaggers from around 5 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Catcher and the rye early2000s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Mr.Mackey

The Swarm, The Kader Fire,

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

One from the pub scene that still appear at weddings now and again, Shantytown.

Always enjoyed listening to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The Driven. They really should have made it bigger.

The Driven - Bonehead

The Driven - Growing up hurts

The Driven - London

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

Reform & Gimik. Jon Kenny was the lead singer with Gimik and I'm sure I still have a single they released in '77 or '78 called "Dancehall Queen". Reform entered the competition in Ireland to go forward to the Eurovision with a song called ( I think) "You gotta get up".

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

They was a band from Newcastlewest called Rock The Joint who used to play in Ballybunion during the summer months, rock-trad combo, they were excellent. Think it was around 1996/1997.

Saw the lead singer Brendan something or other singing in an Irish Pub in Paris in 2006 but that's the last I saw of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Back when it was Limerock

Tooth
    Baitano
    Bridge Mile 7
    My friend Judas
    Medic
    The Hitchers
    Cather and the Rye
    Edgefly
    Giveamanakick

Barberscum lol

Reverb for the covers

and most of the bands that the AMC brought over

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

The Corrigan Brothers. No Team as Wembley as Bradford City is a classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Tuesday Blue were excellent! Shibumi is one of my all time favourite albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

My favourite are The Driven, they were fantastic live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Leadies Armies are a great new Limerick band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭manna452121

old enough to remember Reform,the Grannies were around in the early 60ths.Some of the group are still playing and I have played with them before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

elmolesto wrote: »
    Catcher and the rye early2000s

Lom at 48 seconds. Think he may have played with them live a few times.

Sabina was the German Rose one year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

umm !! afraid so :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Wilbert13 wrote: »
    The Corrigan Brothers. No Team as Wembley as Bradford City is a classic.

ffs. I'm surprised they haven't jumped on the Boston bombing bandwagon and written a song about it, seeing as it's whatever is in the media they latch on to. Worst thing is, they are raking in the $$$$

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

My favourite are The Driven, they were fantastic live

Brendan from The Driven now has a band called Parliament Square. Some nice songs out of them.....

Advertisement