Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your favourite limerick band from any era ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Will I be chased out of here if I mention Hermitage Green?

The Funk Junkies are phenomenal, but as they don't perform their own material they might not belong in this thread.

Leave now! Music for Aubars chicks....:D:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

seachto7 wrote: »
    Brendan from The Driven now has a band called Parliament Square. Some nice songs out of them.....

Colin ex Walter Mitty is with them (Parliament Square) too.

Darrin and Paul ex The Driven have a new band too called Pavlov's Dogs based in Cork. Good band too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

DeBurca wrote: »
    Any one old enough to remember Reform or Grannies Intentions

yup, i knew the brownes in reform, knew none of the grannies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

They never had a commercial release so I doubt many will remember them, but my own favorite was definitely The Coup, back around '89 to '91 or so. I was friends with one of them so had (still have) their demos and some live recordings.

A few years later and I also liked Hatch 77, who had sort of a jangly Wedding Present style to them, plus Giveamanakick who I suppose were reasonably well known at the time.

My God, I never thought I would hear "The Coup" mentioned on the webternet. Never saw them live but heard some demo's and later became friends with most of them. They had some interesting gigs from what I remember.

There were some great Limerick bands, Windings, Woodstar, Giveamanakick and A Touch of Oliver!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Catkins407

Have to mention some of the 80s bands I loved in Limerick

The Rhythm Sector
    The Groove
    Out of the Fog
    Up the down stairs.

• Advertisement

There were some great Limerick bands, Windings, Woodstar, Giveamanakick and A Touch of Oliver!!! :D

Windings are still going. :)

Check out the "Bleeding Heart Pigeons"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... Grannies Intentions
    Yes Johnny Duhan started out with them I think. Aged 15 or so he was only a couple of years older than me when I was doing the rounds of the beat clubs and tennis clubs in Dublin. I was tall for may age then; I'm much smaller and rounder now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

milk baby, hip neck blues and hermitage green are three great bands playing at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

They Do It With Mirrors

Headgear / WYOs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

Any one old enough to remember Reform or Grannies Intentions

I remember both of them! Johnny Duhan had the most fabulous voice. Reform were excellent. I would like to add Tommy Drennan and The Monarchs to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

woodstar = sweetness :D

you wha? wrote: »
    woodstar = sweetness :D

Cracking album. Doesn't sound dated like some other bands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Anyone remember Treehouse Diner? I used to love them.

Now I'm showing my age but wasn't there a band called One September as well. This would be early 90's era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

angeleyes wrote: »
    Anyone remember Treehouse Diner? I used to love them.

Now I'm showing my age but wasn't there a band called One September as well. This would be early 90's era.

I had completely forgotten about Treehouse Diner, I know the female vocalist.
    Found this link for them http://www.taramusic.com/biogs/treeh.htm
    Some nice music.

Advertisement