Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxer Lymphoma

• 21-04-2013 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi everyone
    I have a boxer who is 3 since March. Over the last few weeks we noticed that he has lost weight rapidly, both my brother and my sister have remarked on the fact that he has lost weight over the past few days and my daughter and myself have noticed the sudden weight loss also.
    We took him to the vet this evening as we were extremely worried about him and after examining him the vet said that he will have to be brought to the surgery Monday morning first thing. Our vet is very competent but usually laid back so I knew that he suspected something serious and pushed him to find out what might be wrong, despite his unwillingness to worry me and my daughter. He eventually told us that it might be Lymphoma. Our vet is excellent and would never allow us to worry without reason over the weekend. Has anyone had experience of lymphoma in a boxer or any other dog, Ill do anything to make sure he is ok.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Hi OP

Here's my thread Bonnie and her Long chemo story

My most recent post in this thread

and this was one of my last posts in Departed Pets about her.

Have a read and feel free to come back with ANY questions you like. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

Hi op, unfortunately I have had experience of lymphoma in a dog before and I have to say anniehoo is def the expert, gave me great advice on things.
    I tried the chemo on my dog as well as anniehoo, it was worth a try and dogs don't get the real bad side effects that we do from it.
    Easy to say I know but try not to panic until the results of the test come back and in the meantime do ur research as u are now and get ur questions ready for the vet just in case.
    Have u got pet insurance?

Advertisement