Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 leave and come back

Options
  • 21-04-2013 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Quick questions on 457s- I'm on one right now and in trying to weigh up some options as I dont think they will put me on PR any time soon and I'm getting itchy feet.

Can you pause a 457 (doubtful but want to be 100%)

Can you take an unpaid leave of absence and still Remain on 457 (if you are still on the books but not getting paid)

Are you only allowed more than one 457? Could I leave my job and OZ and then at a later date come back into the country with another company sponsoring me?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

You are allowed leave the country and come back to the same job but there are limitations on the amount of time you can leave for. These basically equate to reasonably holiday allowances.

There is nothing stopping you leaving your job and the country then coming back on sponsored by a different company on a different 457 provided you have found another company willing to sponsor you obviously. It is not a one off visa.

Advertisement