Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Australian Visa

Options
  • 21-04-2013 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I am currently on my working holiday visa and already want to stay as long as possible. After my second year i need to find away of getting another visa but I dont think I will be able to get an employer to sponsor me. I have an Aunt who is a Aussie resident and has been for 26years. Anyone know if theres a way i can get a visa through her?? any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Hi,
    I am currently on my working holiday visa and already want to stay as long as possible. After my second year i need to find away of getting another visa but I dont think I will be able to get an employer to sponsor me. I have an Aunt who is a Aussie resident and has been for 26years. Anyone know if theres a way i can get a visa through her?? any help appreciated.
    Thanks

You would need to meet the occupation & skills requirement for your own visa first (489 visa) and if your Aunt lived in a regional designated area you might get a few extra points.

here is the info on the 489 visa http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-489/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anzac

Is the above post the same for me? My dad recently became an Australian Permanent Resident? I'm over 18.

Do I still need to fit within a specific skill set ? Educated to a masters level. Any help would be greats. Cheers

Actually just read you need to be under 25 ? Just my luck as Iv just gone 26 :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Anzac wrote: »
    Actually just read you need to be under 25 ? Just my luck as Iv just gone 26 :-(

Under 25 if a full time student fully dependent on parents, otherwise under 18.

cheers mate.........some sickener !

• Advertisement
Advertisement