Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flytying vise

Options
  • 21-04-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi lads.Has anyone got a norvise rotary vise and if so what are the pros and cons.My old vise is struggling to hold hooks properly and am thinking of investing in something half decent.I saw the norvise on youtube and want to know is it worth the money,or is it just a gimmicky gadget?Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I bought a danica danvise a few months ago and it's a great bit of kit.

You have to be sure to watch the instruction on how to correctly operate the jaws, a little different to other vices but very easy.

The rotation is excellent and the grip on the hooks is unreal, like nothing else I've ever used..

The only drawback is the slightly limited space behind the hook but you can get an extension which eliminates this.

It's a great piece of kit, as good as vices that cost twice the price.

Bw

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭rtc

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    I bought a danica danvise a few months ago and it's a great bit of kit.

You have to be sure to watch the instruction on how to correctly operate the jaws, a little different to other vices but very easy.

The rotation is excellent and the grip on the hooks is unreal, like nothing else I've ever used..

The only drawback is the slightly limited space behind the hook but you can get an extension which eliminates this.

It's a great piece of kit, as good as vices that cost twice the price.

Bw
    thanks for the reply.My head is wrecked looking at different vices,pros and cons etc.I might go for the norvise cos i am a bit of a gadget man and like the design and the possibility to experiment with dubbing/extended bodies etc.Decisions decisions!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

Apex anvil.

Advertisement