Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fill in a door gap - stud partition

Options
  • 21-04-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I'm going to pricing around soon for someone to fill up this double door size archway between the sitting room and kitchen. I'm not into building so guess that a stud partition type filling would be adequate. What would be the ball park for this?

pnb0sRH.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

€120 a day for labour so that is the max.

Few lenghts of 3x2, bit if insulation and might get away with 3 sheets of plasterboard.

Plaster, skirt and paint as well.

€300 all in, any more I'll do it! (not really;-))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

It would be a handy enough job to do the studding and plaster board if you know someone handy. Than you could just get a plasterer in to finish it.

I'd guess €250-300 would be an approx price from a handy man depending on painted finish etc you'd need to re paint the entire wall so it matches.

It's wouldn't take more than a day perhaps a bit of a wait if plasterer is arranged after the partitions built.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

3 hours max.

Few lengths of metal stud, maybe 3 sheets of plasterboard, insulation and some taping/jointing compound....job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

thanks!

Advertisement