Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs v City

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

All this Mancini Knocking has me laughing, He has turned City into a team to be feared and this coming from a United fan. Yes he has spent a lot of money but so did Hughes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Gone in next few days I think.

Why would they sack him then, considering city could very well loose second place?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

Aguero carrying a knock and Silva injured.

Why is that one of our best players are always injured
    Why can't for one day by Garcia or Sinclair or Kolo Toure
    Why does it always have to be our main players
    We seriously should need to have some changes in our squad during the summer
    E.g. Cavani or Falcao otherwise we will keep having injuries with our main players

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bloody delighted with that win. Totally surprised as well, as City looked quite comfortable for 65 or so minutes. Not a chance of us getting anything, I said :P

AVB deserves a lot of credit for the changes he made, as it totally changed the game. Hudd was excellent, as was Holtby. Bale, while very poor for most of the game, but made the most of his 2 chances.

Come on Liverpool now I say!

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

If Spurs play like this next season it won't be CL football they will be worried about.

City miles ahead.

Spot on. Miles ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Saab Ed wrote: »
    You need it today

Any more pearls of wisdom? You're good for the soul.
    markie29 wrote: »
    Do you think Mancini will be there with you next season? if he is do you think he is the right man for the job

If we win the FA Cup and come second he'll have delivered four trophies in three years. Is that the sign of a bad manager?

It's a bit like Joe Hart, he's not crap and he's not the best in the world but there's too many idiots who just think in extremes.

I think he'll be there if we get a trophy and second. There aren't many better alternatives out there anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Xavi6 wrote: »

If we win the FA Cup and come second he'll have delivered four trophies in three years. Is that the sign of a bad manager?

It's a bit like Joe Hart, he's not crap and he's not the best in the world but there's too many idiots who just think in extremes.

I think he'll be there if we get a trophy and second. There aren't many better alternatives out there anyway.

6466959_orig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

All this Mancini Knocking has me laughing, He has turned City into a team to be feared and this coming from a United fan. Yes he has spent a lot of money but so did Hughes!

With the calibre of player city got they should be doing much better, failure to get out of the CL group stages two years running can only been seen as a massive failure, United threw away the league last year but that being said City did deserve to win it. I'd be very scared if someone like Mourinho took over at City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Spot on. Miles ahead

No need. I already slagged myself off. Twice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I think mourinho at city would make them a real team to be feared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

No need. I already slagged myself off. Twice!!

can i slag you off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Can't believe people are calling Mancini a bad manager. He clearly isn't. His record speaks for himself. Has a major trophy at every club he's been at. Obviously there are better managers, still doesn't mean he's a bad one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

but for the money he spent last summer not one of his signings have improved the team or squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I think mourinho at city would make them a real team to be feared.

They'd be a shoe in for second place again next season with him.

Sorry City fans but ye sold your soul when the Arabs turned up. With the budget you have you should have won the title about a month ago. A great result for football today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

can i slag you off?

Slag away Paul!!

Now is as good as time as any ha.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wouldn't call Mancini a bad manager by any stretch.

On the other hand, I'm fairly certain I could achieve the same things at City with the resources available to him. Yeah, fair play that he's won a few trophies, but he should be winning more with them, given the caliber of player and the resources he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

but for the money he spent last summer not one of his signings have improved the team or squad.

Yep and that's the main black mark, however a lot of them were second choices or squad fillers. He's already whinged about not getting who he wanted so it's as much the board's fault as it is his on that one.

Again, he's not the best in the business but his league positions have improved year on year til now where a drop to second spot is being deemed not good enough. And then there's the trophies of course.

Incidentally, it only seems to be fans from other clubs saying he should go. City fans are indifferent at worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Matija Nastasic, big improvement on Lescott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Slag away Paul!!

Now is as good as time as any ha.

ya kewtour ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

ya kewtour ya

epiphany.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Yep and that's the main black mark, however a lot of them were second choices or squad fillers. He's already whinged about not getting who he wanted so it's as much the board's fault as it is his on that one.

Again, he's not the best in the business but his league positions have improved year on year til now where a drop to second spot is being deemed not good enough. And then there's the trophies of course.

Incidentally, it only seems to be fans from other clubs saying he should go. City fans are indifferent at worst.

Fans from other clubs are saying he will go, not that he should go; unless he was to be replaced with a certain Swede, I hope he stays! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Manchester City are yet to lose in the Premier League this season when they have taken the lead, winning 20 of 22 games so far.

From Opta.

Opta all over the place after that;)

Advertisement