Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea 4:00pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

23 goal attempts by Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Juventus will be rubbing their hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Such a primitive thing to do I just don't know what goes through his head. Watching the replay of it there Ivanovic reacts like a Zombie has attacked him.

but wait, ivanovic then punches him and its like reacting to bad tackle :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If Defoe wasn't banned for the same thing than Suarez shouldn't be banned either. Of course Suarez is a dirty foreigner so the bookw ill be thrown at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

What the **** is souness talking about, yad swear he murdered somebody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I love it!!

However when it's at certin grounds........

I dint make the rules. Its clearly called as a minimum . The amounts of minutes given as the minimum is for anyone to dispute but the fact is its a figure that the ref cant blow up before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The referee spoke to both of them so surely that means that he dealt with the incident?

He didn't see the bite,just saw Suarez falling then pretending to be injured after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The referee spoke to both of them so surely that means that he dealt with the incident?

Yea, for Auegro and anyone else
    But Suarez
    Lets bend the rules to ban him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Dcully wrote: »
    ?

They showed the full view. It looks way worse than the clips i saw.

He grabbed onto his elbow and was proper sinking his teeth in.

The fact that he already got banned for it, won't go in his favour. He'll get a long ban, and probably be sold..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

mike65 wrote: »

Yes the corner woes are a worry. We should have won that.

JonJo is so close to being a good option off the bench he just needs to fine tune his finishing, hes always in the right place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Minimum 9 game ban so he'll miss his first 4 games for Munich

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Souness talking out his arse. He seems to forget just how nasty he was on the pitch himself.

He never had a bite of someone.

Hard tackles, bad fouls. All apart of football, especially 30years ago.

Biting and spitting are way worse than tackles. No question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,582 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If Defoe wasn't banned for the same thing than Suarez shouldn't be banned either. Of course Suarez is a dirty foreigner so the bookw ill be thrown at him.
    Seriously, just stop posting.

mike65 wrote: »

Yea, there was a real bite to us today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hitting the nail right on the head, one of the best players in the world but as a person he's really a pathetic man.

I hope he gets rid of it from his game as it will be sad to see his talent go to waste. Without him this season Liverpool would be 5-10 places down the table.

I think the best way forward for Liverpool is to sell him in the summer and reinvest the cash in new players, could easily get 40 million for him on the back if this season. That could buy Erickson and 2 other quality players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Sounness is no man to talk, he almost incited a riot in Turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I dint make the rules. Its clearly called as a minimum . The amounts of minutes given as the minimum is for anyone to dispute but the fact is its a figure that the ref cant blow up before.

Oh I agree but I and others having being saying that before and Conspiracey theory nuts have gone mad.

Fair play to pool for comeback btw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Allyall wrote: »
    They showed the full view. It looks way worse than the clips i saw.

He grabbed onto his elbow and was proper sinking his teeth in.

The fact that he already got banned for it, won't go in his favour. He'll get a long ban, and probably be sold..

AH yeah fair enough and i totally agree about a ban, its just you quoted me in your post and i was like wtf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Will the book be thrown at Suarez?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

klose wrote: »
    What the **** is souness talking about, yad swear he murdered somebody

it was disgraceful and claiming anything otherwise is ignorance of the fact. It says alot about the man's character if anything, not just as to what the hell is going on in his head, but he has also let the club down with another **** storm of publicity on the way on top of a lengthy ban.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    He didn't see the bite,just saw Suarez falling then pretending to be injured after it.

I didn't think it mattered if he saw it properly, he dealt with it and moved on. The authorities shouldn't be undermining referees, isn't that the BS line that's usually trotted out?

Dcully wrote: »
    AH yeah fair enough and i totally agree about a ban, its just you quoted me in your post and i was like wtf.

Did i? Oops.. Sorry lol. didn't notice.. :D:o

I presume the same shítstorm kicked off in here that day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yea, for Auegro and anyone else
    But Suarez
    Lets bend the rules to ban him

Really, as an LFC supporter myself I don't see how anyone can defend Suarez today.

What he did was just wrong on any level, and he's going to be punished for it.

Other incidents have nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Id rather be bitten on the arm than have someones studs in my knee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

inmyday wrote: »
    Haha. First of all, stop defending the bite.

99% of the time, when a leg is broken in a tackle, it is an accident. But biting someone is madness. Scumy, very scumy. He is a nutter.

In what way am I defending it?

Have I said it's ok to bite people?

He should get a 3 game ban, just like anyone who deliberately strikes an opponent should.
    Nobody goes ape**** if in a rush of blood someone punches someone in the face.

Because his particular act of stupidity was novel and because of his reputation people are going mental over it.
    Swirling sea of stupidity on here. No sense of perspective and scarcely a rational response to be found.

As far as I'm concerned Shelvey is a far bigger disgrace. He makes a tackle at least as bad as the one on Azpilicueta at least once every game. They're often worse. He should've had another 3 or 4 reds this season. He's been lucky he hasn't been caught and that he hasn't hurt someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Sounness is no man to talk, he almost incited a riot in Turkey.

Just because its Souness saying it, doesn't make it wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

You couldn't make it up! Luis Suarez gets away from Branislav Ivanovic this time to head home Daniel Sturridge's cross, with Petr Cech getting a hand to it but not keeping it out.

Unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,582 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gbear wrote: »
    In what way am I defending it?

Have I said it's ok to bite people?

He should get a 3 game ban, just like anyone who deliberately strikes an opponent should.

Because his particular act of stupidity was novel and because of his reputation people are going mental over it.
    Swirling sea of stupidity on here. No sense of perspective and scarcely a rational response to be found.

As far as I'm concerned Shelvey is a far bigger disgrace. He makes a tackle at least as bad as the one on Azpilicueta at least once every game. They're often worse. He should've had another 3 or 4 reds this season. He's been lucky he hasn't been caught and that he hasn't hurt someone.
    Pretty sure you get more than just a 3 game ban for punching someone in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Gbear wrote: »

Lmao biting is not the equivalent of striking someone. Get a clue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Again this leaves Liverpool in a bad light which can't help when you have no European football and need sponsorship money to get the players they need(although I am delighted).

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I presume the same shítstorm kicked off in here that day...
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Really, as an LFC supporter myself I don't see how anyone can defend Suarez today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

inmyday wrote: »
    He never had a bite of someone.

Hard tackles, bad fouls. All apart of football, especially 30years ago.

Biting and spitting are way worse than tackles. No question.

Tbh if I was playing I'd rather have a little bite on me arm than this potential career ender

Either way they are both wrong

Fuhrer wrote: »

oohhh kinky :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Are you a liverpool fan by any chance???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

by the way, it should have been a red and he should be sent off, but talk of 12 match bans is just nonsense.

murpho999 wrote: »

I agree, What Augero did was shocking foul too
    IN reality I believe its a silly rule, Both Suarez and Augero are guilty
    One got off free though, my only point
    Can't defend Suarez, just saying if ref took note of it during game,then in reality you would need to bend rules to punish Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Cop out by Rodgers!!

Pathetic trying to shift attention by going on about Torres!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

by the way, it should have been a red and he should be sent off, but talk of 12 match bans is just nonsense.

he will get that...because of his 8 match ban before there is a big chance they will double the ban for this incident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Now he's tasted Champions League success, he's bound to want to leave in the Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Studs to the knee can happen by accident, biting someone cannot. The former may hurt more then the later, but thats not the point at all. They are on two totally different ends of the spectrum in my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rodgers as embarrassing as ever in that interview.

Sky interviewer didn't ask one question about the game :rolleyes:

Paully D wrote: »

Remember who your own manager is ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

kmart6 wrote: »
    Cop out by Rodgers!!

What the f**k else do you expect him to say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

"We'll come to the football in a sec..."

Followed by three questions about the bite and then letting him go.

Nice one Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Now he's tasted Champions League success, he's bound to want to leave in the Summer

Well played sir,well played.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Cop out by Rodgers!!

Not really. What else is he supposed to say? He can't defend it, but he'll probably have to try over the next week.
    Rafa on now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

People trying to defend it by saying a bad tackle is worse really need to cop on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Paully D wrote: »

Oh yeah, because Ferguson, Wenger et al would have thrown their player under the bus :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement