Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea 4:00pm

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Just back from watching this match. Suarez is undoubtedly a gifted player but he seriously lacks smartness. He cost Liverpool 2 points today. A very disappointing performance all in all. He made one, scored one, gave away one and is likely to be banned for the rest of the season. If you take away the bad points we are talking about one of the top strikers in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

jive wrote: »
    Lmao biting is not the equivalent of striking someone. Get a clue

That isn't an argument, it's a baseless assertion.
    CSF wrote: »
    Pretty sure you get more than just a 3 game ban for punching someone in the face.

Well it depends on how much of a punch.

Unless he actually taken a chunk out of him not much damage was going to be done.

If someone clocked someone it might be 8 games.

A slap would probably be 3? So this lies somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

murpho999 wrote: »
    What the f**k else do you expect him to say?

Suarez shouldnt bite people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Brilliant answer from Benitez! That shut him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Interviewer didnt have any questions prepared bar the biting ones for Rafa too. Shreeves would have been all over this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Gbear wrote: »

He should get a 3 game ban, just like anyone who deliberately strikes an opponent should.
    Nobody goes ape**** if in a rush of blood someone punches someone in the face.

Because his particular act of stupidity was novel and because of his reputation people are going mental over it.
    Swirling sea of stupidity on here. No sense of perspective and scarcely a rational response to be found.

As far as I'm concerned Shelvey is a far bigger disgrace. He makes a tackle at least as bad as the one on Azpilicueta at least once every game. They're often worse. He should've had another 3 or 4 reds this season. He's been lucky he hasn't been caught and that he hasn't hurt someone.

3 Game ban??? Are you nuts??? Has to be 8+.

Yes, yes loads of stupidity on here, mainly from fans with blinkers on.

Shevely is a poor tackler, and I agree with you. But tackle are not worse than a bite.

Liverpool fans are unreal, just admit that he is a class footballer, but not a classy person.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The real issue here is that Lampard now knows Ivanovic is edible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Suarez shouldnt bite people?

Too early for him to do it.

Let him review the whole thing , speak with his own people and see what happens tomorrow with Premier league etc.

His interview was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I actually agree Trying break someone's leg is far worse then biting a players hand.

Anyone with dangerous tackle should get longer ban.

The problem here is a player been in trouble more then few times.

Personally I hope he does not get a longs match ban. His reputation should not come into it unless it was more harmful to the opposition player e.g breaking a players leg.

Interviewer didnt have any questions prepared bar the biting ones for Rafa too. Shreeves would have been all over this

Shreeves is busy telling Ivanovic he got bit right now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really hate this "I've not seen it" nonsense. You've got 10 minutes between the end of the match and the interview, and you know that's what you're going to be asked about. You can't take 30 seconds to watch the most controversial moment of the match?

I know, obviously, it's a cop out, but at least have the dignity to just say "No comment at this time" rather than have a pathetic excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

"We'll come to the football in a sec..."

Followed by three questions about the bite and then letting him go.

Nice one Sky.

TV channel making the most out of a controversial incident is hardly shocking or surprising.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I really hate this "I've not seen it" nonsense. You've got 10 minutes between the end of the match and the interview, and you know that's what you're going to be asked about. You can't take 30 seconds to watch the most controversial moment of the match?

I know, obviously, it's a cop out, but at least have the dignity to just say "No comment at this time" rather than have a pathetic excuse.

He said basically 'we'll review it' that's almost identical to saying no comment at this time, ****ing semantics around here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Thats pretty much what Rogers and Rafa said. Rafa said he would only talk about the football. Rogers said he wouldnt comment until they reviewed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I actually agree Trying break someone's leg is far worse then biting a players hand.

Anyone with dangerous tackle should get longer ban.

The problem here is a player been in trouble more then few times.

Personally I hope he does not get a longs match ban. His reputation should not come into it unless it was more harmful to the opposition player e.g breaking a players leg.

They usually do though. I don't any other player bar Barton would have got 12 games last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Suarez walking out there with all that is left of Ivanovic, his jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

inmyday wrote: »
    Liverpool fans are unreal, just admit that he is a class footballer, but not a classy person.

Have to disagree a little. Off the pitch he comes across as a very nice guy, a real family man who doesn't court controversy. He's never been in the papers about anything in his private life.

However, when he takes the field he seems to change completely, like he thinks every game is a war and he will do whatever it takes to win both within and outside of the rules. Today was one of the days where the fight went too far and he will be punished accordingly.

BIZEOuICIAA-usq.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

im gonna take a break from Boards for a while...its gonna be a ****fest for a few weeks.......good bye and ynwa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,331 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Does Suarez have any relations in the Dublin Gaelic team?

kfallon wrote: »
    Have to disagree a little. Off the pitch he comes across as a very nice guy, a real family man who doesn't court controversy. He's never been in the papers about anything in his private life.

However, when he takes the field he seems to change completely, like he thinks every game is a war and he will do whatever it takes to win both within and outside of the rules. Today was one of the days where the fight went too far and he will be punished accordingly.

Yeah youre right kfallon...

Only on the pitch is what I mean. Once hes over the line, he can lose the head very very easily, and he is not classy.
    He saw red today, and decided to bite, nuts. I hope the book is thrown at him. Even more than Barton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Suarez doesn't have the brain capacity to avoid getting into situations like today. Fantastic player that will be remembered outside of Liverpool for his controversial incidents instead of his ability.
    A nasty streak ingrained in his nature that he will never be rid of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

New pacman characters?

250371.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

3 Game ban??? Are you nuts??? Has to be 8+.

Yes, yes loads of stupidity on here, mainly from fans with blinkers on.

Shevely is a poor tackler, and I agree with you. But tackle are not worse than a bite.

No! So there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Absolutely stupid by Suarez, everyone knows if you go to bite Ivanovic there's more meat on the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No idea what sort of ban he'll get. If Defoe didnt get one before, could Luis get away with it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah youre right kfallon...

Only on the pitch is what I mean. Once hes over the line, he can lose the head very very easily, and he is not classy.
    He saw red today, and decided to bite, nuts. I hope the book is thrown at him. Even more than Barton.

I used to think that (Still do a little) about Wayne Rooney.
    Sometimes he could look like a madman on the pitch, but off it he seems quiet enough, his lady gets controversy, as does his sexual preferences, but i've a few mates that like the older lady too. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

kfallon wrote: »

Plenty of players like this that just lose the run of themselves when frustrated in competitive sport. Gattuso is the mildest guy ever when not playing ball but can turn into a right lunatic when thing aren't going his way.

Fair play to Ivanovic for not retaliating, I'd say it must have been difficult to restrain himself from decking Luis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Gbear wrote: »
    That isn't an argument, it's a baseless assertion.

Ok, I use basic biology as the foundation of my argument. You can transmit herpes, hep b & c, tetanus, syphilis, TB, tetanus and probably HIV among others by biting. Ergo, it is not equivalent to striking a player by any stretch.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Plenty of players like this that just lose the run of themselves when frustrated in competitive sport. Gattuso is the mildest guy ever when not playing ball but can turn into a right lunatic when thing aren't going his way.

Fair play to Ivanovic for not retaliating, I'd say it must have been difficult to restrain himself from decking Luis.

He did deck him.. Didn't he?

He swung at him, connected, and knocked him down.

Maybe more getting him off, but it was a full swing/punch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I still love suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Panthro wrote: »
    Will the book be thrown at Suarez?

He'd eat it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

KOP before the game

760845473.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No idea what sort of ban he'll get. If Defoe didnt get one before, could Luis get away with it??

Defoe was booked therefore couldn't be retrospectively banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Shows again what kind of person suarez is. He's very like barton but more of a coward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I still love suarez.

Kinky. My missus likes me to bite her too sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

So many games are really beginning to catch up with Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Allyall wrote: »
    He did deck him.. Didn't he?

He swung at him, connected, and knocked him down.

Maybe more getting him off, but it was a full swing/punch.

Watch it again,no punch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Steven Gerrard post match interview
    "
    On chances created, we deserved three points.

"I think it would be an injustice to Luis Suarez to talk about 45 minutes, he has been the best player in the league this season. I think he is the third best player in the world behind Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

"You have two good teams, there is a lot at stake. These games will get spicy."

For the bit in bold, lol. Definitely not the 3rd best player in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Shows again what kind of person suarez is. He's very like barton but more of a coward

Couldn't agree more

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I think he is the third best player in the world behind Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

For the bit in bold, lol. Definitely not the 3rd best player in the world

Who is better? He is the best player in the premier league this season. So consistent. Class player.

Suarez is a genius. 30 goals up.

zerks wrote: »
    Watch it again,no punch.

Yeah, just watched it. Looked like a punch from one of the Angles, but not this.
    itKM4qhR0X8KH.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

If Suarez had a brain he would be dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Who is better? He is the best player in the premier league this season. So consistent. Class player.

Didn't Gerard compare Joe Cole to Messi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Suarez is a genius. 30 goals up.

Aye, only someone of genius level intellect would bite someone with about 30 cameras on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Eat what? A draw and a struggle for a Europa challenge trophy place

Who said I'm a Liverpool fan, I couldn't care less about their point total generally for the end of the season, but I did care about them denting Chelseas points today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Aye, only someone of genius level intellect would bite someone with about 30 cameras on him.

He wasn't talking about intellect though, was he.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Didn't Gerard compare Joe Cole to Messi?

Haha. But We can all see for ourselves Luis is class...
    Who is better than him?

Advertisement