Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea 4:00pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

562515_560341130653260_1171678181_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

inmyday wrote: »
    Haha. But We can all see for ourselves Luis is class...
    Who is bitier than him?

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

monkey9 wrote: »
    He wasn't talking about intellect though, was he.

You'd think not, given that his 30 goals have brought him to nothing but mid table obscurity this season at the cost of whatever minuscule goodwill or reputation he had left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Who is better than him?
    He's not the third best forward in the world nevermind player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

Who is better than him?

iniesta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

zerks wrote: »
    Watch it again,no punch.

Still a raised hand though! Not defending Suarez but people see the easy target and blank out all else, double red Imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Who is better? He is the best player in the premier league this season. So consistent. Class player.
    Would say he is in the top 3 best players in the Premier League this year, alongside Bale and RvP (Suarez would be my POTY this year though) but come on, are you honestly trying to say he is the 3rd best player in the world? Iniesta, Xavi, Neymar and Falcao are all players I would rate higher than Suarez at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Brendan Rodgers simply has to come out later today and promise to throw the book at him. If he comes out with any wishy-washy bullsh1t like "it's unacceptable but he takes a lot of provocation" i'll puke.

Internal fine, probably a 6-game ban given previous disciplinary record, and probably off to Spain in the summer. Very much like Balotelli he will be missed for all sorts of reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Suarez is actually from an indigenous cannibal tribe in Uruguay, which is why he would do something like this. Can't believe everyone is so culturally insensitive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

He wasn't talking about intellect though, was he.

ffs. It was a joke... Why are fans so offended when people slag a person you have never met. You'd swear someone slagged you over something really personal the way you go on!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

RVP and Falcao for starters.

Xavi and Iniesta anyone?

adaminho wrote: »
    Still a raised hand though! Not defending Suarez but people see the easy target and blank out all else, double red Imo!
    I think you have every right to remove somebody locking onto your arm, if that involves raising your hand then so be it. It wasn't a punch, it's laughable that people are even mentioning it.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    You'd think not, given that his 30 goals have brought him to nothing but mid table obscurity this season at the cost of whatever minuscule goodwill or reputation he had left.

It's good to see you have that fiery passion about Liverpool

what??? :confused:

Suarez bit him and Ivanovic shoved him away with his hand? What you want him to do???? "carry on good sir and eat me"???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Brendan Rodgers simply has to come out later today and promise to throw the book at him. If he comes out with any wishy-washy bullsh1t like "it's unacceptable but he takes a lot of provocation" i'll puke.

Internal fine, probably a 6-game ban given previous disciplinary record, and probably off to Spain in the summer. Very much like Balotelli he will be missed for all sorts of reasons.

Why should previous things come into things they have nothing to do with todays bite

The more i see that bite, the funnier it gets. :D He's an absolute nutjob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hey wait guys I got a good one!!

Since he likes biting people he could only join...LIVERpool.......no...:o

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Hey wait guys I got a good one!!

Since he likes biting people he could only join...LIVERpool.......no...:o

Good job he is not from Hungry

Bad joke i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

He's not gonna let Suarez munch on his bloody arm!! He pushed Suarezs head away, the same as any normal human being would do if someone tried to eat them!!!

Why should previous things come into things they have nothing today with todays thing

what sort of logic is that?

So if a guy has 16 previous convictions for robbery he gets the same sentence as a guy on 1st conviction?

The penalty should always be harsher for repeat offenders as they clearly didn't get the message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Ivanovic stood on his toes. Perfectly within his rights to retaliate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

The more i see that bite, the funnier it gets. :D He's an absolute nutjob!

Yes! and i love ivanovic reaction -"what the hell man"

He pulled him away and just pushed him,not sure what you were looking at.I'd have knocked him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Allyall wrote: »
    He did deck him.. Didn't he?

He swung at him, connected, and knocked him down.

Maybe more getting him off, but it was a full swing/punch.

You call that a punch :confused:

And for the people saying Defoe didn't get banned because he wasn't foreign etc., he didn't get banned because the ref took action at the time of the incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If he just came out and said sorry, a lot of this would be over quickly. He'd get a ban, and the papers would move on. Denying it and being wishy washy like they did with the Evra incident would be a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Suarez is actually from an indigenous cannibal tribe in Uruguay, which is why he would do something like this. Can't believe everyone is so culturally insensitive.

I enjoyed this, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Wasn't it in the earlier game between the 2 teams where suarez threw a punch when ivanovic was shielding the ball and later kicked him when ivanovic cleared a cross

what sort of logic is that?

So if a guy has 16 previous convictions for robbery he gets the same sentence as a guy on 1st conviction?

The penalty should always be harsher for repeat offenders as they clearly didn't get the message.

Football logic as previous never comes into things in different seasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

RVP and Falcao for starters.

Xavi and Iniesta anyone?

Zlat, Lewandowski, Ozil, Cavani, Naymar...

• Advertisement

Why should previous things come into things they have nothing today with todays thing

xy-20.jpg

Wasn't it in the earlier game between the 2 teams where suarez threw a punch when ivanovic was shielding the ball and later kicked him when ivanovic cleared a cross

Was there not a game between the two where a Chelsea player kicked a Liverpool player in the back while shielding the ball stop trying to stir things

what??? :confused:

Suarez bit him and Ivanovic shoved him away with his hand? What you want him to do???? "carry on good sir and eat me"???

But if Suarez had come in late in a tackle and Ivanovic had shoved him in the face what would happen? Both players are guilty of violent conduct, provocation is not an acceptable defense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Did Rogers give a post match interview? Anything said about the bite?

But if Suarez had come in late in a tackle and Ivanovic had shoved him in the face what would happen? Both players are guilty of violent conduct, provocation is not an acceptable defense!

Please stop :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Ivanovic tried to remove Suarez's face from his arm. That's not violent conduct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Adaminho, stahp! wat ru doin? Pls stahp.

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Just that they will review it along with other things such as Torres elbow on Carragher

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-on-suarez-and-chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Hold on.. is this a serious line of argument you're trying to make here?

That Ivanovic should have been sent off too?

*boggle*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Adamcp898 wrote: »

He said it was just him having a quick bite to eat and that Ivanovic was simply too delicous not to at least sample.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Adaminho, stahp! wat ru doin? Pls stahp.

This is my post of the day. congrats. its a prestigious honor .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Why bite people though? What's the thought process there :confused:

elefant wrote: »
    Hold on.. is this a serious line of argument you're trying to make here?

That Ivanovic should have been sent off too?

*boggle*

Yes it is, Its against the rules to raise your hand to an opponent no matter what the provocation! If you want to throw the rule book at Suarez for breaching the rules (justified) you also have to apply the same rules to Ivanovic! Violent conduct is violent conduct even if one is more distasteful ( pardon the pun) than the other!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Yes it is, Its against the rules to raise your hand to an opponent no matter what the provocation! If you want to throw the rule book at Suarez for breaching the rules (justified) you also have to apply the same rules to Ivanovic! Violent conduct is violent conduct even if one is more distasteful ( pardon the pun) than the other!

have come in late to this thread and only read last three pages but is this fella being ironic or something. I can't believe he means it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

cashback wrote: »
    have come in late to this thread and only read last three pages but is this fella being ironic or something. I can't believe he means it.

he probably has a point to be fair to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Its against the rules to grab a player and push him/throw him. But if player A is punching Player B on the ground and player C grabs him and fecks him on the ground is player C liable to be punished? Not bloody likely. Self defense is completely legal as is breaching the rules to protect a victim.

batistuta9 wrote: »

I'd guess that he had loads of pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

batistuta9 wrote: »

Hold up. If someone is trying to latch on to your arm with their teeth, what are you to do. Ask them to "please stop eating me". I wouldn't mind but Ivanovic didn't punch him or anything, he pushed his face away from his arm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

LOL, member since '06 with only ~200 posts; I, for one, am grateful for your lack of regularity in posting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement