Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea 4:00pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

It got a 7 match ban for biting previously. That obviously wasn't sufficient for it to learn its lesson. I'd double the ban and make it wear a muzzle for the rest of its playing career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

To Alcohol wrote: »
    It got a 7 match ban for biting previously. That obviously wasn't sufficient for it to learn its lesson. I'd double the ban and make it wear a muzzle for the rest of its playing career.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

monkey9 wrote: »
    :pac::pac:

almost as cringe as your posting every once in a few pages saying things like 'Luis Suarez you hero and a pure gentleman!!!!', 'The more i see that bite, the funnier it gets. :D He's an absolute nutjob!' and 'Haha!! Suarez biting him. I love that little nutcase!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Ref lost control early on.

If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

copacetic wrote: »
    Friend appeared to deal with the incident and spoke to both players as well as listened to Ivanavics complaint of a bite. He then took no action. How can the FA then take action? They said this re the Defoe case in 2006.

How do you know he saw the biting?

almost as cringe as your posting every once in a few pages saying things like 'Luis Suarez you hero and a pure gentleman!!!!', 'The more i see that bite, the funnier it gets. :D He's an absolute nutjob!' and 'Haha!! Suarez biting him. I love that little nutcase!!'

Yes, the incident is indeed hilarious!! As is the reaction of everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Felexicon wrote: »
    Not mistaken, but I won't quote all you're tinfoil hat posts in this thread again

Because there are none and you are simply talking out your arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

amiable wrote: »
    Because there are none and you are simply talking out your arse
    There are plenty and you know it.

You're always on about the FA and the media having it in for Liverpool

Yes, the incident is indeed hilarious!! As is the reaction of everyone.

I can see why you want to brush it under the carpet but like it or not its rightly going to be a big issue and people are reacting accordingly. Nothing at all funny about someone biting another player.

I can see why you want to brush it under the carpet but like it or not its rightly going to be a big issue and people are reacting accordingly. Nothing at all funny about someone biting another player.

Brush it under the carpet?? I don't have the power to control the media, i'm afraid. But it was a funny incident nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Brush it under the carpet?? I don't have the power to control the media, i'm afraid. But it was a funny incident nonetheless.

I found it just about as funny as AIDS

Good stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Did you post earlier saying "Do you want fries with that". What was that comment about.

I said what you want, not that you have the power to do so. Nothing at all funny but then you some will be biased about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Why the hell did Suarez limp away from the bite????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

The incident was hilarious, I don't know how anyone can deny that. Fair enough if you think it was unacceptable behavior but you can't deny it was funny. Like come on! He bit someone, again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Suarez, unfortunately has a nasty side, but is still best player in the league this season. No need for this act today, just deters from his skills..will get ban I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

There are plenty and you know it.

You're always on about the FA and the media having it in for Liverpool

That's news to me. Thanks for your input

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Straw poll in the house today, Mrs. Crinklewood found is disgusting, her dad was embarrassed for the team he supports and her 12 year old nephew found it funny.

Different people have different reactions.

• Advertisement

I said what you want, not that you have the power to do so. Nothing at all funny but then you some will be biased about it

As will other side. But then again, i laughed at the madness of it as well when Defoe did it in a neutral match

Of course it shouldn't be brushed under the carpet, but the overreaction is ridiculous. The fact it's made the front pages as well is crazy.

The most outraged fans are in here tonight are Utd fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's his thing. Feign injury after he does something wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why are people getting worked up about. He was stupid. He is a bit mad in the head. He is a world class footballer. He should get banned. Just move on and laugh about it. Nobody was hurt.

Apart from Branislav Ivanovic. I would have quite gladly seen Suarez sent off for it. Not the first time he's been a stupid boy. His behaviour is doing him self and the club no favours.

:(

Suarez, unfortunately has a nasty side, but is still best player in the league this season. No need for this act today, just deters from his skills..will get ban I'd say
    RVP and Bale say hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

RVP and Bale say hello.

Carrick says Yo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

rarnes1 wrote: »

And if it was Rooney biting someone it would be the Liverpool fans that would be the most outraged.

You know the drill, get over it.

RVP and Bale say hello.

Disagree my choice would be Suarez , over all play and general consistency throughout matches, he is on the go for 90 mins every game, rarely has a quiet spell. Constant threat, same cant be said for the other 2 IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If you watch the videos and gifs Ivanovic stood on his foot

Class act. Just needs to remove the red mist control from his brain.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Have you been taking note? To be frank about it, Liverpool fans are the ones that should be most outraged about it, after all, he's representing you lot.

As for the "reaction" to it, I would have thought it was the norm for someone on such a high wage and as high of a profile as Suarez would get such media attention for doing something like this. It would be the same if it was a United, City, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea player.

• Advertisement

Disagree my choice would be Suarez , over all play and general consistency throughout matches, he is on the go for 90 mins every game, rarely has a quiet spell. Constant threat, same cant be said for the other 2 IMO
    Fair enough. I think he best player should have improve his team aswell. I don't think Suarez always does this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

RVP and Bale say hello.

Suarez has been more consistent than both them over the course of the season.

Fair enough. I think he best player should have improve his team aswell. I don't think Suarez always does this

Each to their own I suppose

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

darced wrote: »
    I don't see what United winning the league has to do with United fans commenting on this incident. Surely you can comment on both, and seeing as this player has had previous against United in particular I think you'll find it's more of a "we told you so"/"he has done this before" tone amongst the comments from United fans.

Word has it he's off to Bayern Munchen' anyway! :P

cournioni wrote: »
    I don't see what United winning the league has to do with United fans commenting on this incident. Surely you can comment on both, and seeing as this player has had previous against United in particular I think you'll find it's more of a "we told you so"/"he has done this before" tone amongst the comments from United fans.

We know he is a nutter though. We don't care.

Class act. Just needs to remove the red mist control from his brain.

class player - absolutely no doubt.
    class act - not a chance.

darced wrote: »

We're lol'ing too mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

A Class act? People like Stylian Petrov and Fabrice Muamba, they are class acts. Handling their plights with dignity, courage and professionalism.

Suarez, Barton and others are Class A pricks. Simple as that. You don't go repeatedly biting people or calling fellow footballers a tranny if you are a class act.

Luckily it doesn't matter one jot if you're sound out the door or a complete goon, you can still be a world class footballer. Which he is. Class act he ain't.

Don't rise to it. The guy is clearly deluded.

How did Defoe get away with it in 2006? The FA are a joke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

It was a different game back then. two footed tackles and cheeky bites on the arm were part of the game.

A Class act? People like Stylian Petrov and Fabrice Muamba, they are class acts. Handling their plights with dignity, courage and professionalism.

Suarez, Barton and others are Class A pricks. Simple as that. You don't go repeatedly biting people or calling fellow footballers a tranny if you are a class act.

Luckily it doesn't matter one jot if you're sound out the door or a complete goon, you can still be a world class footballer. Which he is. Class act he ain't.

No one says Barton was a class act. Off the field can you find a bad thing that Suarez has done.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    It was a different game back then. two footed tackles and cheeky bites on the arm were part of the game.

England were on the cusp of another World Cup victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

He was booked for the incident, preventing the FA from banning him.

No one says Barton was a class act. Off the field can you find a bad thing that Suarez has done.

No need. He does enough ON the pitch.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    No need. He does enough ON the pitch.

So people should base their whole opinion on the fella on what he does in 90 mins every week.

So people should base their whole opinion on the fella on what he does in 90 mins every week.

Well if he bites, dives, cheats, lies, acts racist etc... then yeah.

lolzer

When is he most in the public eye? At home drinking lattes and playing monopoly with the bird and Uncle Rodrigez?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lol away all weekend so prefer to read match threads then check Guardian. Both delivered. I'd rather Spurs get 4th

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    lolzer

When is he most in the public eye? At home drinking lattes and playing monopoly with the bird and Uncle Rodrigez?

Ya your right. Listen tbh I don't think liverpool fans really care what other fans think of Suarez. The fact is he gives everything he has when he puts in the liverpool shirt. It's a lot easier to forgive a moment of madness than it is to forgive a lack of effort.

Advertisement