Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea 4:00pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You could say footballers have done worse or more scummy things in past year never mind 20 or whatever.

He is not murder or anything.

But what he does is pure weird and kinda disturbing. He is just not right in head in very weird way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well i got in trouble for fighting when i was younger on a few occasions when i had a few beers. I grew out of it. Your making the man out to be some kind of monster.

I hope you didn't soberly racially abuse someone and didn't bite 2 others, as a fully grown adult and parent. If so, you mightn't be a very nice person either. But I know my buddy niallo27 wouldn't do that. You're not like Luis!!!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Who's makng excuses for what he did yesterday?

Maybe you should start naming these people and stop making sweeping statements about some Liverpool fans eh?
    I would say that Omari Lemon Equalizer and niallo27 are 2 of the main culprits, if that makes you happy?

Also, you can't make sweeping statements about SOME Liverpool fans. That's not how sweeping statements work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Well i got in trouble for fighting when i was younger on a few occasions when i had a few beers. I grew out of it. Your making the man out to be some kind of monster.

You weren't punched in the head were you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

CSF wrote: »
    I would say that Omari Lemon Equalizer and niallo27 are 2 of the main culprits, if that makes you happy?

Also, you can't make sweeping statements about SOME Liverpool fans. That's not how sweeping statements work!!!

I said we can forgive him for what he did, i never made any excuses for what he did and said it was bonkers from straight away.

I said we can forgive him for what he did, i never made any excuses for what he did and said it was bonkers from straight away.

But acted like all these things he does, don't reflect the person he is. That (to me at least) is making excuses for someone.

nuxxx wrote: »
    You weren't punched in the head were you

Bit harsh

I didn't make excuses I said he deserved a 3 match ban as in my eyes what he did was not worse than what has in the past warranted a red car. Elbows, bad tackles, half hearted head butts etc and plenty of worse things have gone unpunished you only have to look back as far as Augeros tackle to see that.

In my eyes anyway, a tackle with the potential to injure is far worse than a harmless bite on the arm.

But acted like all these things he does, don't reflect the person he is. That (to me at least) is making excuses for someone.

No because i dont know him, i know some people that do mad things sometimes when they are drunk but that doesnt make them bad people.

No because i dont know him, i know some people that do mad things sometimes when they are drunk but that doesnt make them bad people.

But Suarez wasn't drunk.

• Advertisement

But Suarez wasn't drunk.

He gets so pumped up on the field, i don't think he is himself. Why does it bother you so much what liverpool fans think of the bloke anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I didn't make excuses I said he deserved a 3 match ban as in my eyes what he did was not worse than what has in the past warranted a red car. Elbows, bad tackles, half hearted head butts etc and plenty of worse things have gone unpunished you only have to look back as far as Augeros tackle to see that.

In my eyes anyway, a tackle with the potential to injure is far worse than a harmless bite on the arm.

So a bite is harmless is it?
    Jaysus, stop the press!:pac:

He gets so pumped up on the field, i don't think he is himself. Why does it bother you so much what liverpool fans think of the bloke anyway.

I get worked up over what I can't understand. That and I have to listen to it in most areas of my life.

I get worked up over what I can't understand. That and I have to listen to it in most areas of my life.

Sure liverpool fans are the same, nobody knows why he did it, it was a moment of madness.

Sure liverpool fans are the same, nobody knows why he did it, it was a moment of madness.

If it was Sturridge or Shelvey (granted he would probably miss the chaps arm), I'd agree, but these moments of madness are forming a trend with Suarez.

Panthro wrote: »
    So a bite is harmless is it?
    Jaysus, stop the press!:pac:

What harm came from his bite yesterday. None is the answer.

I actually edited that as I had "all Liverpol fans" originally written but spotted you had "some" in post at the top of the page.

I get your point though, and you probably get mine.

What harm came from his bite yesterday. None is the answer.

So I can walk out of the office I'm currently sitting in, stroll down the street and bite someone on the arm?
    Ummmm....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So I can walk out of the office I'm currently sitting in, stroll down the street and bite someone on the arm?
    Ummmm....

Ya, you'll be fine doing that, honest.

Give it a try ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Nobody at Liverpool, or connected to him is gonna publicly call the chap a prick though, are they?

Possibly not be they speak so glowingly about him and they seem genuinely surprised at how he changes on the pitch.

5starpool wrote: »
    Ya, you'll be fine doing that, honest.

Give it a try ;)

Will surely!:pac:

It seems some will not be happy until every one thinks that Suarez is a cnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

who got man of the match yesterday ? was it suarez or sturridge ?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ricero wrote: »

Ramires I think, although I haven't seen the match on telly yet, but I think it was from a report I read.

Ummmm....

No but you can't shoulder them, punch them, slide tackle them, trip them etc etc either.

An awful lot of what happens on the field, even totally within the rules of the game would be totally unacceptable on the street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No but you can't shoulder them, punch them, slide tackle them, trip them etc etc either.

An awful lot of what happens on the field, even totally within the rules of the game would be totally unacceptable on the street.

Yes because biting someone is part of the game just like a slide tackle is. Fantastic logic well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He's been charged by the FA and will get more than a 3 match ban.

http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/2013/apr/luis-suarez-charge-liverpool-chelsea-ivanovic.aspx
    The FA has charged Liverpool forward Luis Suarez with violent conduct.

The charge follows an incident with Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic in yesterday’s fixture at Anfield [21 April 2013].

The incident was not seen by the match officials and has therefore been retrospectively reviewed – click here for a video explanation of ‘not seen incidents’.

It is alleged that the conduct of Suarez constitutes violent conduct and it is The FA’s contention that the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient in these circumstances.

Suarez has until 6pm on Tuesday 23 April to respond to the charge, thereafter an Independent Regulatory Commission will be convened this Wednesday, 24 April.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Blatter wrote: »

http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/2013/apr/luis-suarez-charge-liverpool-chelsea-ivanovic.aspx

What is wrong with the boy? A seriously good player with a major flaw in his character. I think that Liverpool will want to hang on to him despite his crazy and bizarre antics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Whether its 5 or more does Liverpool very little damage since there is little to play for in the league at this stage. Punishment would be if it was the start of next season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

ricero wrote: »

Pretty sure it was Mata.

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    Whether its 5 or more does Liverpool very little damage since there is little to play for in the league at this stage. Punishment would be if it was the start of next season.

So you want to change the rules when suits?

quarryman wrote: »

Aye, but it's not really about punishing Liverpool, tis about punishing Suarez. I think if the FA ever started banning players for competitive games that 'mean' more, things would get very messy very quickly.

I was of the thinking that the role of the FA isn't to determine the level of punishment?

amiable wrote: »
    I was of the thinking that the role of the FA isn't to determine the level of punishment?

Do they get an independent commission to decide the punishment of all retrospective decisions? I don't know, they probably do!

It seems some will not be happy until every one thinks that Suarez is a cnut
    In the circumstances, is that really such a bad thing? I mean he has all the traits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

If he gets banned for the rest of the season he'll really be chomping at the bit to get going next year

In the circumstances, is that really such a bad thing? I mean he has all the traits.

You know everything about him now? Why should everyone have to think this way in an open discussion forum for you to be happy?
    If it were that easy what would be the point of boards?

You know everything about him now? Why should everyone have to think this way in an open discussion forum for you to be happy?
    If it were that easy what would be the point of boards?
    Because he racially abuses and bites people. Don't worry I'm mad for the whole discussion thing but those aren't things that humans should disagree on.

Because he racially abuses and bites people. Don't worry I'm mad for the whole discussion thing but those aren't things that humans should disagree on.

You just basically admitted you want everyone to just think the same way as you. :confused:
    He's done things wrong but thankfully I'll set my own moral compass

You just basically admitted you want everyone to just think the same way as you. :confused:
    He's done things wrong but thankfully I'll set my own moral compass
    On the topics of racism, and biting people, yes. I really don't see how that is so bad.

• Advertisement

On the topics of racism, and biting people, yes. I really don't see how that is so bad.

And as I said he's done things wrong. You are the one who has decided everyone must think he's a cnut or you are not happy

And as I said he's done things wrong. You are the one who has decided everyone must think he's a cnut or you are not happy
    Not just Luis Suarez though. Everyone who racially abuses and bites people. These are really really vile character traits. Can't be just put in such a downplayed category of 'having done things wrong'. Everyone has done things wrong. I don't know anyone personally who has racially abused or bit anyone though.

Not just Luis Suarez though. Everyone who racially abuses and bites people. These are really really vile character traits. Can't be just put in such a downplayed category of 'having done things wrong'. Everyone has done things wrong. I don't know anyone personally who has racially abused or bit anyone though.

Will you get over it. You are just saying the same thing over and over again at this stage.

What a sheltered life you have lead so if true but I suspect it's not

Will you get over it. You are just saying the same thing over and over again at this stage.
    As opposed to the rest of the thread?

Thread is dying slowly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Neville on Monday Night Football really good analysis and take on the incident IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Jaysus Lad, you're like a broken record. You've been repeating the same statement in every post. It's been said to you several times but what do you really know about Suarez that anyone on here doesn't? He has had 4 on field issues in the last 3 years as far as I can gather. You can draw the conclusion he has some issues but to brandish him a cnut or horrible person is plain ridiculous. You really need to grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Was there any announcement on suarez yet? Fantasy football site lists him as suspended until may 19

• Advertisement

Was there any announcement on suarez yet? Fantasy football site lists him as suspended until may 19

With the FA saying its worse than a red card and a 3 game ban and with liverpool only having 4 games left they are just presuming he is out for the season i would think.

Advertisement