Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea 4:00pm

1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Was there any announcement on suarez yet? Fantasy football site lists him as suspended until may 19

Sell him now, he wont play again this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

klose wrote: »
    Sell him now, he wont play again this season.

Sell him???why exactly? hes a world class player!!! so he has caused a few problems...well newsflash, LFC knew what they were buying!!!

A footballing genius (with an issue or two :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jaysus Lad, you're like a broken record. You've been repeating the same statement in every post. It's been said to you several times but what do you really know about Suarez that anyone on here doesn't? He has had 4 on field issues in the last 3 years as far as I can gather. You can draw the conclusion he has some issues but to brandish him a cnut or horrible person is plain ridiculous. You really need to grow up.
    Its ridiculous to call someone who racially abused someone a horrible person? Are you for real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    Sell him???why exactly? hes a world class player!!! so he has caused a few problems...well newsflash, LFC knew what they were buying!!!

Liverpool fans. They'll even keep a banned Suarez on FF..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

lpool2k05 wrote: »

Fantasy football sell him!!!!

Read between the lines! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

CSF wrote: »
    Its ridiculous to call someone who racially abused someone a horrible person? Are you for real?

Give it a rest, you're sounding very bitter. If you genuinely want to follow you're logic, there are very very few people who wouldn't be classed as a nice person so. Have you personally never uttered a comment, remark or phrase that would be deemed as racial offensive?

He has bit two players, punished with a lengthy ban for the first and will recieve punishment for the incident at the weekend. He was involved with words with Evra, for which he recieved a lengthy ban as well. He has recieved punishment for when he crossed the line. I'm not standing up for what he's done, I am pointing out that he doesn't deserve the hate campaign you are bringing against him, not that he cares too much to be fair.

I haven't seen you taking so honourably in posting comments like you have about several players that have got away with the same things he has done and not get punished.

What I'm saying is, if you were on the morale side of every argument then you have a genuine right to your opinion. Picking and choosing your judgment on people you have a problem with makes you no better than the 'traits' you are labeling Suarez with.

Give it a rest, you're sounding very bitter. If you genuinely want to follow you're logic, there are very very few people who wouldn't be classed as a nice person so. Have you personally never uttered a comment, remark or phrase that would be deemed as racial offensive?

He has bit two players, punished with a lengthy ban for the first and will recieve punishment for the incident at the weekend. He was involved with words with Evra, for which he recieved a lengthy ban as well. He has recieved punishment for when he crossed the line. I'm not standing up for what he's done, I am pointing out that he doesn't deserve the hate campaign you are bringing against him, not that he cares too much to be fair.

I haven't seen you taking so honourably in posting comments like you have about several players that have got away with the same things he has done and not get punished.

What I'm saying is, if you were on the morale side of every argument then you have a genuine right to your opinion. Picking and choosing your judgment on people you have a problem with makes you no better than the 'traits' you are labeling Suarez with.
    You clearly weren't around for any of the Terry threads or around the time of the Ferdinand/Hodgson conflict then.... Inconsistency in my views is not something I could be fairly accused of.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

niallo27 wrote: »
    With the FA saying its worse than a red card and a 3 game ban and with liverpool only having 4 games left they are just presuming he is out for the season i would think.

I think he is looking at 7+ games ,

The dutch FA gave him 7 so the English FA wont want to be seen as a soft touch , also Im sure his previous disciplinary record with the English FA will come into play .

I would not be at all surprised to see him get 10 but would be very surprised to see him get less than 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think he is looking at 7+ games ,

The dutch FA gave him 7 so the English FA wont want to be seen as a soft touch , also Im sure his previous disciplinary record with the English FA will come into play .

I would not be at all surprised to see him get 10 but would be very surprised to see him get less than 6.

I'd be shocked if the FA gave him less than 6, i think they will look to make an example of him, i think he is looking at 9 games.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if the FA gave him less than 6, i think they will look to make an example of him, i think he is looking at 9 games.
    The whole make an example out of people (if it happens) is a load of ****e really. Punishment needs to be consistent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

The whole make an example out of people (if it happens) is a load of ****e really. Punishment needs to be consistent.

i'm thinking 10 games myself.

The last 4 of this season and the first 6 of next.

The punishment is consistent in terms of escalation, the FA gave him 8 games for racist comments, he's still acting the maggot, give him 10 game ban now.

I say that as a Liverpool supporter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Not really proven that he racially abused him imo - not by any conclusive and objective standard anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Not really proven that he racially abused him imo - not by any conclusive and objective standard anyway.

Just an independent panel and admission of the player himself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The methodology and burden of proofs applied by the panel were inadequate imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

There we go consistent not worth more than a yellow card and no bans then if we go by previous bites in the premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

He admitted using a word that isnt deemed racist in his own culture. Im not saying he didnt mean to be racist or whatever but there was sod all evidence only his words and that of Evra. And going by Evras behaviour since the incident Im not sure if I could trust him. Im a LFC fan but have respect for Utd players. Actually a big Scholes fan, but I despise Evra. He looks to be a truly horrible person, and I wouldnt have him in a LFC shirt ever.

And I dont for one minute believe that United fans wouldnt want Suarez in a Utd shirt. Hes one of the best players in the world for heavens sake and ye would love to have him. Granted he has serious issues that need managing, but look at Cantona & Rooney to a lesser extent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Consistent with what??? previous bans for biting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Suarez actions alone since the incident shows he know its an offence worthy of more than 3 matches, he would not have been phoning the victim and issuing public apologies for a normal violent behavior charge.

For those that cant understand the difference vs Defoes read this
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/luis-suarez-bite-fa-seeks-sevengame-suspension-for-liverpool-striker-8583650.html
    Though some Liverpool fans will point to the fact that Defoe escaped without punishment after biting Mascherano’s arm – referee Steve Bennett booked both players – the FA was then working within far stronger Fifa constraints governing its capacity to take retrospective action. At that time there was no potential to dish out a stronger punishment when a referee’s action seemed insufficient.

The FA had been ready to implement the so-called Ben Thatcher rule – used when an “extraordinary” incident leads them to punish retrospectively – had Friend seen Sunday’s incident. The level of national indignation about the bite is likely to compel the tribunal to issue a punishment that will stretch well into the start of next season. Liverpool have only four games remaining in the current campaign. “The FA’s contention is that the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient in these circumstances,” the FA said in a statement last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

That's actually not true Mr Alter Ego. The FA can decide to retrospectively punish any player they want, regardless of whether or not the ref saw it or not. The simple fact is that when Defoe did it, they didn't deem it exceptional enough to warrant re-reffing, yet when Suarez does it they deem it exceptional & worthy of a longer than normal ban. Makes absolutely no sense. But then this is the FA we're talking about. It's not too surprising.

As much as it pains me to say it, Martin Samuel has written a good piece about the whole affair here;
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2313724/Luis-Suarez--FA-hide-FIFA-rules-Martin-Samuel-column.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Mr Alan wrote: »
    That's actually not true Mr Alter Ego. The FA can decide to retrospectively punish any player they want, regardless of whether or not the ref saw it or not. The simple fact is that when Defoe did it, they didn't deem it exceptional enough to warrant re-reffing, yet when Suarez does it they deem it exceptional & worthy of a longer than normal ban. Makes absolutely no sense. But then this is the FA we're talking about. It's not too surprising.

As much as it pains me to say it, Martin Samuel has written a good piece about the whole affair here;
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2313724/Luis-Suarez--FA-hide-FIFA-rules-Martin-Samuel-column.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/5339964.stm

• Advertisement
Advertisement