Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorcycle gear in Lidl and Aldi

• 21-04-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Has the motorbike gear been in Aldi and Lidl this year? Think I might have missed it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

aldi was about a month ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

dont thing lidl are doing it there normal around the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Lidl have this http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-D6462031-D6462B93/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_30620.htm next thursday.

Does anybody know if it would be useful for jobs on the bike???

Measuring tolerance: +/- 4% but im sure this is better than the guessing game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭gipi

Aldi in Drogheda have a few bits and pieces left - couple of jackets, pair of boots, and some paddock stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

Lidl have this http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-D6462031-D6462B93/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_30620.htm next thursday.

i have one there alrite for wheels etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would not trust it 100% but its better then gauging a hand tightness on a bolt. Will pick one up myself methinks till I get a nice Tenq tool set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Might pick one up as well. All ive had to go on is my dads words, but Id be confident enough in those considering hes been driving around 35 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

That torque wrench is too big for most of the important bolts on a bike, even on its lowest setting you'ld strip threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

echomadman wrote: »
    That torque wrench is too big for most of the important bolts on a bike, even on its lowest setting you'ld strip threads.

Ill still pick it up though. It seems a good price and might do jobs on the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Has the motorbike gear been in Aldi and Lidl this year? Think I might have missed it.

They still had plenty of jackets, trousers and helmets in Aldi in Sandyford last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Was really looking for a cheap tank bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Was really looking for a cheap tank bag.
    Where are you? I got one a couple of years back but haven't used it in ages. Yours if you want it.

I'm in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Cheers! I'm in Co Wicklow. Is it magnetic? I have a plastic tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

It is magnetic yeah. Probably no good to you so.

Lidl have a motorbike cover, gloves & disc lock on may 9th. Gloves are cheap as chips but I might get them for a spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lidl have a motorbike cover, gloves & disc lock on may 9th. Gloves are cheap as chips but I might get them for a spare.

LINK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I find covers don't last, I spent 50-60e on my last one which is ripped to fcuk. I will have a look at them though cheers. I tried those locks the last time the have one, I have plenty of good secure locks but said I would try them to see, they where sh!te.

Gloves in the past where ok.

God I can't wait to buy that disc lock. I lost my last one which lasted 2 years. Great little thing. 8 euro and it comes with a stretchy thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

did anyone tried the Base Layer Top and trousers? i wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Bikerguy wrote: »
    did anyone tried the Base Layer Top and trousers? i wonder.

Yeah I did. Kept me warm on the last few cold rides, haven't tried them in warm weather.

I wear both pants and top when ever I'm not commuting. Good stuff and kept me warm. In the warmer weather I just wear the single base layer and my leather jacket, otherwise I have clothing on over them.

I got a set of oxford chillout bottoms for €25 in crossans on Sunday....they are usually £49.99. Some great bargains to be had up there the last 3 days.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭positron

Any thoughts on these Aldi 3-in-1 thingees? Would that 'High Performance Lubricant' perform as a chain lube?

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_26929.htm

Product_detail_Wk19S_18.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

I personaly prefer gt85 or wd40 for cleaning purpose only and then proper chain lube/ branded on my chain.

Bte this product may be just ok, but i woudlnt bother to use it. My2c

Normal 3 in 1 oil is perfect for a chain if you stuck...just use sparingly so it does not flick everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

So did anyone part-take of any of the above?

I picked up two of the covers, one for the PX and one for the Super-Four, they are very light it will be interesting to see how long they last. However, for a tenner they are worth a shot, my last cover lasted less than two years, and that cost me 60e.

The gloves seems OK so I also when for two pairs of them, handy to have a back up.

As I tried the locks before and didn't rate them I stayed away from them.

Odysseus wrote: »
    So did anyone part-take of any of the above?

I picked up two of the covers, one for the PX and one for the Super-Four, they are very light it will be interesting to see how long they last. However, for a tenner they are worth a shot, my last cover lasted less than two years, and that cost me 60e.

The gloves seems OK so I also when for two pairs of them, handy to have a back up.

As I tried the locks before and didn't rate them I stayed away from them.

I completely forgot. Gonna pop into lidl in portlaoise tomorrow to see if they have any gloves left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

saw the gloves and wasn't impressed tbh, got the disc lock as i don't have one.

• Advertisement

I got the disc lock. But the lock is a bit sticky. Maybe it needs more time to bed in, but I'm impatient so it's being replaced tomorrow.

I use the Aldi lubricant on my chain. I like how it doesn't get all sticky and create a mush of fine sand around the chain and sprocket cover from dirt. If I don't use the Aldi lubricant I use ATF oil.

Advertisement