Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dundalk for a stag do

Options
  • 21-04-2013 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

hii everybody.. just wonder but im part of a stag do goin up to dundalk on the bank holiday weekend in june.. just wonderin what the best places are in town.. food accom beer and craic.. all the general stag need to knows... thank :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Stay in the imperial hotel, not the best hotel you'll ever stay in but it'll do the job. The other hotels are slightly outside the centre of town which would need taxis to and from which is a pain on a stag. And adds to the cost.

Main nightclub is Ridleys. They REALLY dont like groups of strange lads arrivng at the door. I'd suggest contacting in advance to guarantee entry. There are a couple of other clubs but I wouldnt bother.

Main disco-type bars are Brubakers, Eden(attached to Ridleys) and Parkes (in the Imperial hotel). One thing you wont lack for in Fundalk is pubs & mostof them are pretty central.

I'm not a huge fan of doing "activites" on a stag, much prefer a weekend of solid boozing but if the weather is decent on the saturday, you could head out the road to the village of carlingford and go to the adventure centre or my personal preference, just sit in the sun & watch the world go by with a cold pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

great reply mate.. we have booked into the imperial hotel anyways first off.. best value ever.40 euro a man, wats the Silence Nightclub like.. its in the hotel to yea.. so fundalk is a good spot so.. no we def wont be goin doin to much activities.. takes up drinking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Is silence still even going? Get in touch with Ridleys and try organise access. It's a must see....

Beer Keeper across the road is worth a look too. Great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

I would bet my life that Ridleys wont let a group of non-local lads in, especially on a Bank Holiday. They are very strict in that, annoyingly so.

Contacting them early might work, but i doubt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭johnnydeep

I would be against contacting them (only put them on there guard)
    just mingle with some nice Dundalk girls as you go in ( in very small groups )
    brubakers would serve late and might have a better chance of not being bothered. you used be able to drink in ridleys bar and then go upstairs that might be a safer route. don't imagine silence would be up to much probably children and not many of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Ridleys is a pit.

Spirit Store or the Beerkeeper.

Dunny wrote: »
    Ridleys is a pit.

Spirit Store or the Beerkeeper.

on a stag do?
    Spirit store is too far from town and Beerkeeper might be a bit quiet

Beerkeeper would be far from quiet but would generally empty once Ridleys opens.

Spirit Store can well be hit and miss.

sorry I dont mean quiet people wise, but like mood of it.
    They dont really have loud music (which isnt always a bad thing)

so many contradicting replys,, so sum it up lads plz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

deckycoop wrote: »

OK, go to Drogheda.

y is that a better place to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭johnnydeep

don't go to Drogheda some of the worse nights I ever had. go to Dundalk relax and enjoy yourself stop thinking about it.

@ it and go with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Ridley's.
    Just approach the door in pairs/trios a few minutes apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Party in the pubs of Park Street early and do as locum-motion said if you want to go to a "fairly decent" night club later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Get bus to carlingford, get off at the 4 seasons, and work your way around all the pubs there.
    We did this recently, was great Craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

kbell wrote: »
    Get bus to carlingford, get off at the 4 seasons, and work your way around all the pubs there.

I live in Dundalk. If I wasn't it would be a great night out (still is) but Carlingford is a great spot for the craic. A lot of stags and hens seem to gravitate towards there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Yes the Store is a bit out of the way but live music and a decent crowd.

Parkes could be an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

kbell wrote: »

do this

• Advertisement

Dunny wrote: »

Parkes could be an option.

Went there for the first time recently.

Good god! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

MugMugs wrote: »
    Went there for the first time recently.

Good god! :D

Didn't shift. :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

Im in the same situation, heading there for a stags but with a lot of older lads, We are heading to the dogs and then trying to establish where is the best bar for a few pints, bit of music, perhaps a live band and handy enough if some of us younger fells want to head to a club afterwards

JP85 wrote: »
    Im in the same situation, heading there for a stags but with a lot of older lads, We are heading to the dogs and then trying to establish where is the best bar for a few pints, bit of music, perhaps a live band and handy enough if some of us younger fells want to head to a club afterwards

This weekend?

This weekend?

No not for a couple of weeks

No not for a couple of weeks

Depends on that night itself and what you're into.

Give us a bit more info ie: age group, likes, what time you're going to be out of the racetrack etc.

There's a good scene in Dundalk and it caters to a wide array of patrons.

Depends on that night itself and what you're into.

Give us a bit more info ie: age group, likes, what time you're going to be out of the racetrack etc.

There's a good scene in Dundalk and it caters to a wide array of patrons.

Ages range from Mid 20's to late 40's, we will be there on a saturday night and i think the dogs will finish up about 10.30 or so, might be slightly earlier, not too sure.

Somewhere with a bit of live music would be great as a lot of us would be into that sort of thing

Ages range from Mid 20's to late 40's, we will be there on a saturday night and i think the dogs will finish up about 10.30 or so, might be slightly earlier, not too sure.

Somewhere with a bit of live music would be great as a lot of us would be into that sort of thing

Could be pushing late but www.spiritstore.com is just down the road and is one of the countries best intimate music venues. ( I am like a broken record at this stage re that place. )

Up into the town, Brubakers for a bit of a disco bar. Beer Keeper grand spot for some quiet beers and Ridleys is the local night club, a must see and quite an experience.

PErsonally, if I were you, I'd head to the Store. It can be very hit and miss though so expect to have to leave if there's not much happening.

Could be pushing late but www.spiritstore.com is just down the road and is one of the countries best intimate music venues. ( I am like a broken record at this stage re that place. )

Up into the town, Brubakers for a bit of a disco bar. Beer Keeper grand spot for some quiet beers and Ridleys is the local night club, a must see and quite an experience.

PErsonally, if I were you, I'd head to the Store. It can be very hit and miss though so expect to have to leave if there's not much happening.
    Thanks very much for the advice, i had a quick look at the spiritstore and it seems to be a ticketed venue, is there a non ticketed version of the bar with some live music, e.g. free live music so that if we dont like it we can move on to the likes of brubakers

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for the advice, i had a quick look at the spiritstore and it seems to be a ticketed venue, is there a non ticketed version of the bar with some live music, e.g. free live music so that if we dont like it we can move on to the likes of brubakers

Yeah, downstairs is a non pay job and most / some of the time you can just rock on up to the band upstairs and pay there and then.

Downstairs generally has a bit of music on but not sure if it would be live or not.

I am a blow in to Dundalk. Brought a few friends into the place to see The Stone Roses Experience years back. Mate walked down the stairs at the time and in one small room there was a DJ banging out The Clash and in the other opposite one there was another DJ banging out The Kinks and both small rooms packed.

That pretty much defined the place as one of his favourites and I haven't been able to get rid of him since with his odd tip up to it.

Advertisement