Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping a dependant from the bank

Options
  • 21-04-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I've recently been enquiring about getting a mortgage. I am going it alone.
    I was originally quoted a certain figure by my bank which suited me but then when I went to another bank any they quoted 40k less. With the second bank they had asked did I have a dependant and I told them I had a child. My bank had not asked this the first time round. I've since found out that having a dependant affects the figure they can give you.
    So my question is, what are the consequences of lying to my bank if they ask me if I have a dependant? If I say no, is there a way they can find out and also what happens if they do find out? Can they cancel the mortgage (if previously been approved). Could they do me for fraud?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please read the forum charter, specifically the part about "No Dishonest Dealings."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement