Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where live North Dublin

Options
  • 21-04-2013 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

We want to buy 3 bed in North Dublin-budget 180k-need somewhere with good schools, and that has decent public transport. What do people think of Swords? Are (primary) schools there majorly over subscribed? Failing that, are there any other areas that people would recommend? (bear in mind our budget puts a lot of places out of our league, as we're rapidly discovering!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Why North Dublin? Job? Also, any limit of how east or west of North Dublin can we go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Swords is lovely- I'm biased though, I had a pretty idyllic childhood there. Tho houses (old schoolhouse and old priests house) for sale on North St for 350-ish for both, but maybe the would sell them seperatly- lots of charachtar and charm. If I had the money etc :)

If you'd consider it, Huntstown was a great place to live - I think it still is as I'm still around the D.15 area and you would get a nice place with 180. Near train station and the bus service can't be faulted. Huntstown / Hartstown is not a bad area and there are 2 bungalows on daft for 160-ish asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Koala14

We both work out that way so job is the main reason really.

Advertisement