Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer beers! :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Friday June 14th
    Seeing as it's gonna be a summer beers (with hopefully good weather) perhaps somewhere with a daycent beer garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

cant go sisters wedding and work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Friday June 14th
    P_1 wrote: »
    Seeing as it's gonna be a summer beers (with hopefully good weather) perhaps somewhere with a daycent beer garden?
    This would be nice. Not just 'coz it's summer time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »

Not many places in town with a decent beer garden though, there one or two I can think of but there up around harcourt st not really the same kinda places as club hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Other date - name on thread.
    Not many
    places in town with a decent beer garden though, there one or two I can
    think of but there up around harcourt st not really the same kinda
    places as club hell.

Can't speak for the others, but I'd prefer veering away from hell this time round!

Although bumping into my mate from Canada that night was a welcome surprise since he feckin lives in Canada, so there's something to be said for hell!

• Advertisement

Friday June 14th
    Not many places in town with a decent beer garden though, there one or two I can think of but there up around harcourt st not really the same kinda places as club hell.

It would probably be no one's choice but my own but the beer garden in Whelans is perfect for my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Friday June 7th
    legspin wrote: »
    It would probably be no one's choice but my own but the beer garden in Whelans is perfect for my needs.

What about Grand Social? Smoking areas nice, just not a huge atmosphere til later in the evening. Might be really good on weekends. I only go there on Wednesdays sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

legspin wrote: »

I do like Whelans but the smoking area in there has no bar and yeh cant move in the thing if its anyway busy ;).

Friday June 14th
    I do like Whelans but the smoking area in there has no bar and yeh cant move in the thing if its anyway busy ;).

If upstairs is open the bar should be close enough to not be inconvenient. I like it when it's packed though. It lends itself to a certain degree of 'anonymity'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Market Bar is good spot. And has two great smoking areas.

• Advertisement

dont worry guys, I'm gonna stick up a venue poll once the date is chosen! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Friday June 7th
    Papillon! wrote: »
    What about Grand Social? Smoking areas nice, just not a huge atmosphere til later in the evening. Might be really good on weekends. I only go there on Wednesdays sometimes.

Grand Social almost always has gigs on or live music, so we'd all have to pay in for a band we mightn't necessarily like. Lovely pub though.

Grand Social almost always has gigs on or live music, so we'd all have to pay in for a band we mightn't necessarily like. Lovely pub though.

Isn't that just upstairs though? And you don't have to pay if you don't go up?

I could be wrong, it's a been a while since I was there.

Friday June 7th
    Maybe, I'm not sure.

Workmans is also a nice indie-rock club with a great smoking area. TGI Fridays is just a cool place, although it's not open late. Perhaps better for pre-drinks? :p

Workman's is a dive. :pac:

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Workman's is a dive. :pac:

And for hipster's :p

Friday June 14th
    Orim wrote: »
    And for hipster's :p

This

Friday June 7th
    Workman's is a lovely club! :O Tracklist is great, and there aren't as many "hipsters" as you'd think. More my scene than Hell any day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Workman's is a lovely club! :O Tracklist is great, and there aren't as many "hipsters" as you'd think. More my scene than Hell any day :p

It's a hole of a place
    I was out other night and met up with a mate of mine in there
    Never been there before and never will again
    Over crowded ,full of yuppies , smell is rotten and was waiting about 15 minutes just to get a bottle of bulmers
    Stayed for half hour t chat to my mate and then seen a mate of mine works there as bouncer so chatted to him and left
    Felt more out of place than a croc at a alligator rally
    http://youtu.be/wvSCMcXlkN8

Friday June 7th
    Well I'm pretty sure it not being your scene doesn't make it a hole now, in all fairness.

• Advertisement

Friday June 14th

Maybe it has changed since I was there last but from what I remember it was a tad on the overpriced side and still as full of pretentious so and so's as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Well I'm pretty sure it not being your scene doesn't make it a hole now, in all fairness.

There's not being my scene and a place eing a dirty hole
    This place was both
    it smelled like p1ss and sweat and sick and paint was falling off the walls

Friday June 7th
    Prices vary night-to-night but they do good special. Regardless, I have the feeling it wouldn't go down well. Nevermind then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm pro-anything that'll have as few hipsters as possible. :pac:

Friday June 7th
    the Hard Rock is the best place for cocktails and has seats out front for smokey joes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Saturday June 22nd
    we're good craic on a night out. Well, I am. fcuk the rest of them. :pac:

Are you implying I was no fun on Saturday night???!!! :eek::eek:

Are you implying I was no fun on Saturday night???!!! :eek::eek:

Apologies, cc is the other fun one. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Saturday June 22nd
    Apologies, cc is the other fun one. :D

That's more like it...

Friday June 7th
    whens the date gonna be confirmed. EXCITE:D

• Advertisement

Not for a few weeks, to give everyone a chance to vote.

Advertisement