Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

open day midlands ????

• 21-04-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭

lads does anyone know if there is an open day/ s.t.a.g.s type shoot on in the midlands rifle range next sunday 28th of april...????

i saw a post on facebook from the chairman of the WDAI stating there was one but i,ve seen no mention of it anywhere since .

ian...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

ianoo wrote: »
    i saw a post on facebook from the chairman of the WDAI stating there was one but i,ve seen no mention of it anywhere since .
    Are you sure it's a Midlands shoot? If it's WDAI being hosted on the midlands range then it would not be on the midlands calender.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭MarkWolff

The NRAI nationals start next weekend.
    As far as I know that's an open event.

The NRAI nationals have always been for NRAI members only.

Open shoots are competitions held for members & non members of any range.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

as far as i know lads its not a "midlands shoot" but a WDAI shoot thats being held in the midlands ....must make a few phone calls and see if i can find out more

ian...

Just to clarify. From previous NRAI Nationals there are some of the shoots that are open, but others are for members only. So the sporting rifle, classic rifle, and benchrest smallbore are open. The long range stuff, including fullbore BR is for NRAI members only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

Had a great day on Sunday in the MNSCI ,fair play to the team there for organizing the comp,
    Great format and the snaps in the gale were particular fun !! even managed to come away with a medal ,happy days :)
    Roll on the next one

Ian....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

Cass wrote: »
    Just to clarify. From previous NRAI Nationals there are some of the shoots that are open, but others are for members only. So the sporting rifle, classic rifle, and benchrest smallbore are open. The long range stuff, including fullbore BR is for NRAI members only.

Anybody know what's on there next weekend 4-5th May? Details on the NRAI website seem to be very vague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Its the Nationals for all the long range shooting.
    F-Class individuals are on Saturday and F-Class teams are on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

dev110 wrote: »
    Its the Nationals for all the long range shooting.
    F-Class individuals are on Saturday and F-Class teams are on Sunday.

T/R Individual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Sat/04/05/2013

Start|Description|Distance|Comp duration
    10:00|F-Class & Target Rifle| 800, 900, 1,000yards| 3.50hrs
    13:50| Lunch|
    14:30| Match Rifle| 1,000 yards| 1.00hrs
    14:30| Benchrest| 1,000 yards| 1.00hrs
    16:00| Presentations|

Sun/05/05/2013

Start| Description| Distance| Comp duration
    10:00| F-Class (teams match)| 800, 900, 1,000yards| 4.50hrs