Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i cloud/apple ID

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

guil wrote: »
    Backups don't always work as they should, before iCloud I lost contacts a few times after a restore and each time I made a backup before the restore
    Well, i am now an official fan of ICloud as it made a 1.5GB back up of all my wifes family photos off her stolen old IPhone.

It took me 5weeks to realise that there was such a backup and only found out by accident through seeing it in a list via settings on my IPad, but yesterday I painlessly restored the new IPhone 4s with the backup of the old 3gs and everything is exactly as it was before.
    Contacts, settings, apps and almost a year of my 1 1/2 year old sons life in photos and video!

My wife accidentally setup the iCloud backup to do its thing and thankfully it did as we had literally no other backup of the device on the laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Yes the old hotmail address is linked to hers. I thought once I set up a new gmail address she could use the hotmail one. is that wrong?

You need to delete that email address off your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Gmail assosiated with the gmail? Sorry I'm not sure what that means

Sorry meant to say that it's not associated or linked with the apple id. You won't know unless you sign in from that link above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Well, i am now an official fan of ICloud as it made a 1.5GB back up of all my wifes family photos off her stolen old IPhone.

It took me 5weeks to realise that there was such a backup and only found out by accident through seeing it in a list via settings on my IPad, but yesterday I painlessly restored the new IPhone 4s with the backup of the old 3gs and everything is exactly as it was before.
    Contacts, settings, apps and almost a year of my 1 1/2 year old sons life in photos and video!

My wife accidentally setup the iCloud backup to do its thing and thankfully it did as we had literally no other backup of the device on the laptop.

Sorry meant to say it was local backups I had touble with. Not so long ago I was updating a friends 4 from iOS 4 to iOS 6 and made a backup in iTunes. Restored and pics and contacts were gone. Still the same after 2 or 3 restores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

mad muffin wrote: »
    You need to delete that email address off your phone.

Which one?

• Advertisement

Which one?

The old one associated with your wife's iCloud account.

The old one associated with your wife's iCloud account.

Will I delete that address? I use that hotmail address for work

Will I delete that address? I use that hotmail address for work

I think that's the problem then. Can you go into settings and then mail and see if contacts is set to on under that email.

I think that's the problem then. Can you go into settings and then mail and see if contacts is set to on under that email.

Contacts is on but gmail is the address used

You need to go into settings then mail and under the hotmail account are contacts set to on or anything else?

• Advertisement

You need to go into settings then mail and under the hotmail account are contacts set to on or anything else?

Under the hotmail ac there's no mention of contacts

This hotmail account. Is it used for you wife's Apple ID and iCloud account?

This hotmail account. Is it used for you wife's Apple ID and iCloud account?

Ye it is

Ye it is

And you also use it for work?

I think because this email account is still on your phone is the reason you got back all your wife's contacts.

Can you try this.

Can you go into settings, mail. That hotmail account and anything that is set to on set it to off including mail.

And see if that gets rid of your wife's contacts.

And you also use it for work?

I think because this email account is still on your phone is the reason you got back all your wife's contacts.

Can you try this.

Can you go into settings, mail. That hotmail account and anything that is set to on set it to off including mail.

And see if that gets rid of your wife's contacts.

It dosent say its set to anything. Just says account ( on or off option ). I turned it off but nothi g happened

In iCloud turn off contacts. And don't keep iCloud contacts and then turn it back on.

See if that gets rid of your wife's contacts now that you turned off the hotmail account.

In iCloud turn off contacts. And don't keep iCloud contacts and then turn it back on.

See if that gets rid of your wife's contacts now that you turned off the hotmail account.

No still not gone. Nearly had heart failure when all my contacts dissapeared though.

No still not gone. Nearly had heart failure when all my contacts dissapeared though.

You have your contacts back?

You have your contacts back?

Ye hers and mine thankfully!

I'm at a lose.

You created a brand new Apple ID and iCloud with a new email, yet you got all your wife's contacts back.

I'd say its because of that hotmail email account.

• Advertisement

I'm at a lose.

You created a brand new Apple ID and iCloud with a new email, yet you got all your wife's contacts back.

I'd say its because of that hotmail email account.
    I'm not too bothered about having her numbers to be honest. I'm upgrading to iPhone 5 soon and want all my stuff on iCloud so my new phone will have all my pics and contacts. I can manually delete her numbers. Should that be a problem ?

I'm not too bothered about having her numbers to be honest. I'm upgrading to iPhone 5 soon and want all my stuff on iCloud so my new phone will have all my pics and contacts. I can manually delete her numbers. Should that be a problem ?

In your contacts app.

Do you have groups? Something like pc contacts and iCloud contacts?

In your contacts app.

Do you have groups? Something like pc contacts and iCloud contacts?

I just have contacts. No groups. Just A to Z scroll

I just have contacts. No groups. Just A to Z scroll

Did you keep contacts on in iCloud? You can try deleting one contact and if it didn't get deleted off of your wife's contacts it should be safe to delete your wife's contacts.

Did you keep contacts on in iCloud? You can try deleting one contact and if it didn't get deleted off of your wife's contacts it should be safe to delete your wife's contacts.

Ye contacts on in iCloud. I can delete no bother. Just when I turn contacts back on they come back

Ye contacts on in iCloud. I can delete no bother. Just when I turn contacts back on they come back

Does your wife have contacts on in iCloud?

Does your wife have contacts on in iCloud?

Originally she did but have been off for ages

Originally she did but have been off for ages

Well what you can do is keep contacts on in your iCloud. Then delete all your wife's contacts off your phone.

Well what you can do is keep contacts on in your iCloud. Then delete all your wife's contacts off your phone.

That's what I did do. It should be ok cause she's going to Samsung with her update. Will I still have everything when I switch?

• Advertisement

That's what I did do. It should be ok cause she's going to Samsung with her update. Will I still have everything when I switch?

Yes. Now that you kept contacts on in iCloud and then deleted your wife's contacts only the contacts on your phone will sync.

Just make sure you have anything else you want to transfer over to the new phone set to on in iCloud. I presume you have iCloud backup on too?

Advertisement