Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i cloud/apple ID

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

mad muffin wrote: »
    Yes. Now that you kept contacts on in iCloud and then deleted your wife's contacts only the contacts on your phone will sync.

Just make sure you have anything else you want to transfer over to the new phone set to on in iCloud. I presume you have iCloud backup on too?

Ye I do. How do I save my apps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Ye I do. How do I save my apps?

I'd recommend you use the Apple ID and password you've been using all along for your apps as they are in the App Store under purchased.

What happens when you get the new phone is it askes for your apple id and password and then your iCloud account.

When you backup to iCloud it stores the app data but not the apps themselves.

They get restored from the App Store when you restore from iCloud backup.

I'd recommend you use the Apple ID and password you've been using all along for your apps as they are in the App Store under purchased.

What happens when you get the new phone is it askes for your apple id and password and then your iCloud account.

When you backup to iCloud it stores the app data but not the apps themselves.

They get restored from the App Store when you restore from iCloud backup.
    That's great.
    I can't thank you enough for all your help.
    Much appreciated

That's great.
    I can't thank you enough for all your help.
    Much appreciated

Any time.

Any time.

Hi again. I'm trying to back up my iPhone. I have the ones I want turned on in I cloud but when I go to back up the phone it dosent give me an estimated time,.. How long does it usually take? I've 5 gb used on my phone.
    I'm changing my phone to iPhone 5 shortly. Do I need this i phone 4 backed up in order to carry my contacts and pics over to my new one?

• Advertisement

Hi again. I'm trying to back up my iPhone. I have the ones I want turned on in I cloud but when I go to back up the phone it dosent give me an estimated time,.. How long does it usually take? I've 5 gb used on my phone.
    I'm changing my phone to iPhone 5 shortly. Do I need this i phone 4 backed up in order to carry my contacts and pics over to my new one?

It varies really. Just let it back up overnight.

It varies really. Just let it back up overnight.

Trouble is I've no wifi!! Didn't think it would take long to do it

Trouble is I've no wifi!! Didn't think it would take long to do it

Unfortunately you need wifi to backup to iCloud.

Unfortunately you need wifi to backup to iCloud.[/
    Ok thanks. I may get it sorted. Will I not have anything saved for my new phone if this one isn't backed up?

Unfortunately you need wifi to backup to iCloud.[/
    Ok thanks. I may get it sorted. Will I not have anything saved for my new phone if this one isn't backed up?

If you backed it up in the past you should have something.

• Advertisement

If you backed it up in the past you should have something.

No I never have but I may. Thanks again

Tried to backup with wifi a while ago. After twenty minutes of so it just came up " this iPhone could not be backed up at this time" when I checked on it. Any thoughts?

Tried to backup with wifi a while ago. After twenty minutes of so it just came up " this iPhone could not be backed up at this time" when I checked on it. Any thoughts?

iCloud could have been down or just a glitch. It's happened to me before. I just had to try again.

iCloud could have been down or just a glitch. It's happened to me before. I just had to try again.

And when it's backed up will it inform you or what happens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It will say last backup at such a date and time

And when it's backed up will it inform you or what happens?

It will have the date/time it backed up in iCloud.

Ok thanks. I may keep trying

Advertisement