Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not accepting cancellation of service?

Options
  • 21-04-2013 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, hoping you can help with this. 

I rang Eircom to cancel my service (I'm out of contract) a few months back. I gave thirty days notice, and was told to write to X address to give the notice. I did this. 

I was charged after this period, and rang Eircom again. They told me that I had sent it to the wrong address and so they never received it. They gave me another address to post it to, which I did. 

They again said they never received it (stupid me for not sending by registered post!). 

I contacted Comreg, who advised me to ask for recordings of the phone conversation, to prove that I was given the incorrect address initially, as I had now paid two bills for a service I'm not using, having switched to UPC. I did this, and was told that there was no manager in to let me hear the call. 

I then tried to find an email address on the eircom site to send notice of cancellation to it. There was none on the site, so I rang Eircom once again and was given an email address, which I sent ANOTHER 30 day notice of cancellation to, on the 14th April. 

On the 15th April, I received an email back, stating that they would respond to my 'complaint' within 10 working days. I did not complain! I simply gave my account details and 30 days notice to cancel the service. 

At this point in time, I'm waiting on a third bill for a service I've tried numerous times to cancel, and do not use. As I received a response to the cancellation email I sent, am I correct in assuming that my thirty day's notice is now in effect? I don't want to have to get back onto Comreg about this, but I'm not willing to pay yet another bill for a service I've tried to cancel numerous times! 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Hi guys, hoping you can help with this. 

I rang Eircom to cancel my service (I'm out of contract) a few months back. I gave thirty days notice, and was told to write to X address to give the notice. I did this. 

I was charged after this period, and rang Eircom again. They told me that I had sent it to the wrong address and so they never received it. They gave me another address to post it to, which I did. 

They again said they never received it (stupid me for not sending by registered post!). 

I contacted Comreg, who advised me to ask for recordings of the phone conversation, to prove that I was given the incorrect address initially, as I had now paid two bills for a service I'm not using, having switched to UPC. I did this, and was told that there was no manager in to let me hear the call. 

I then tried to find an email address on the eircom site to send notice of cancellation to it. There was none on the site, so I rang Eircom once again and was given an email address, which I sent ANOTHER 30 day notice of cancellation to, on the 14th April. 

On the 15th April, I received an email back, stating that they would respond to my 'complaint' within 10 working days. I did not complain! I simply gave my account details and 30 days notice to cancel the service. 

At this point in time, I'm waiting on a third bill for a service I've tried numerous times to cancel, and do not use. As I received a response to the cancellation email I sent, am I correct in assuming that my thirty day's notice is now in effect? I don't want to have to get back onto Comreg about this, but I'm not willing to pay yet another bill for a service I've tried to cancel numerous times! 

Thanks.

Hi Esoteric_

I'm very sorry to hear of this, would you like to PM me your eircom account details? I'll investigate this in full.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Just wanted to give some good news to those who are having issues with Eircom. :) 

Didn't receive a phone call from a boards rep, but to be very fair here, I only PMd my number a few days ago because I've been very busy. 

However, when I sent an email to them in the middle of April, I was promised a call within 10 days, which never happened. 

I called them again yesterday after receiving ANOTHER bill, despite cancelling my service in writing 3 times and several times over the phone, and spoke to a man (I think his name was Nathan), who was absolutely lovely. He had the conversation recordings and logs in front of him, agreed that I had indeed been given the wrong address to send my cancellation to.

He apologised unreserevedly for the treatment I had received (which I'm not going to go into detail about here, let's just say it was disgraceful customer 'service,' cancelled the service immediately and said that the last bill I got will be cancelled and a final bill will be sent, either with me owing a few euro, or Eircom owing me a few euro. 

He was absolutely lovely, and apologised several times for what happened. I'm just glad it's all sorted out now! So a big thumbs up for Nathan in the Customer Service team, couldn't have spoken to a nicer, more helpful man. :) People like him should be promoted. :pac:

Just wanted to give some good news to those who are having issues with Eircom.  

Didn't receive a phone call from a boards rep, but to be very fair here, I only PMd my number a few days ago because I've been very busy. 

However, when I sent an email to them in the middle of April, I was promised a call within 10 days, which never happened. 

I called them again yesterday after receiving ANOTHER bill, despite cancelling my service in writing 3 times and several times over the phone, and spoke to a man (I think his name was Nathan), who was absolutely lovely. He had the conversation recordings and logs in front of him, agreed that I had indeed been given the wrong address to send my cancellation to.

He apologised unreserevedly for the treatment I had received (which I'm not going to go into detail about here, let's just say it was disgraceful customer 'service,' cancelled the service immediately and said that the last bill I got will be cancelled and a final bill will be sent, either with me owing a few euro, or Eircom owing me a few euro. 

He was absolutely lovely, and apologised several times for what happened. I'm just glad it's all sorted out now! So a big thumbs up for Nathan in the Customer Service team, couldn't have spoken to a nicer, more helpful man.  People like him should be promoted.
    Hi Esoteric_

I'm very sorry for the negative experience you have had.

I'll pass this compliment to Nathans department.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Not your fault at all, so no need to apologise. It's all been sorted out, and that's the main thing. :)

Thanks again. :)

Not your fault at all, so no need to apologise. It's all been sorted out, and that's the main thing.

Thanks again.

Thanks Esoteric_

I'm glad this has been sorted out for you

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement