Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2: Championship Round Reports

Options
  • 21-04-2013 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Redskins 45-21 Panthers

The Washington Redskins will advance to the Superbowl for the 2nd year running as this game was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests!

The game started off in the worst way possible for the Panthers as the Redskins scored from the opening kick off, then forced a Cam Newton fumble, which 3 plays later was in the endzone too. Nothing went right early as the Redskins raced out to a 35-0 lead.

However, the Panthers fought back to make it 35-21 until a Roy Helu touchdown knocked the stuffing out of the comeback and the Redskins rolled on!

Cheers for the game Matthew!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Rough start indeed. Kick return was a bit unlucky, I think he bounced out of a tackle after being held for a while but don't have any magic excuse for the next 28 points, especially the opening fumble, he's been doing that a lot lately. After the onslaught I felt my offense was functioning pretty well, but the defense fell apart, not suprising considering my run defense has been dreadful and I've relied on teams chasing the game throughout the year.

To be honest I felt the scoreline flattered me, when I was down 35-0 I was raging and felt it could've been 70. After all, I would not have scored the first 2 TDs had I not been down so much, considering I went for it on 4th and 18 as well as 4th and 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 20-31 Cheifs.

Bah!

Better player won, again. I however, was pleased with how I played. I didn't turn over the ball (although I did punt a lot) and was able to have decent success through the air. Had my red-zone offence been on point I could have had another TD, but really, by Berty's offence is too complex for me to get to grips with, although I did a decent job on D later on, the damage was done with the 24 first half points I gave up.

Well played Berty, good luck in the Super Bowl again and hopefully if we play next season I can continue to improve and give you a closer game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep Mikey has improved so much since joining and this was a tough game. Getting a good start was huge for the Chiefs and a couple of big plays helped.

I did find your defence tough as the game wore on but time was always against you. A great season for you and dont worry, you will have your day in the sun and sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

Berty44 wrote: »
    Yep Mikey has improved so much since joining and this was a tough game. Getting a good start was huge for the Chiefs and a couple of big plays helped.

I did find your defence tough as the game wore on but time was always against you. A great season for you and dont worry, you will have your day in the sun and sooner rather than later!

Yeah I found Mikey one of the toughest games I have played in a long long time and it was a game where I didn't think I played badly just Mikey was very tough to stop on offense and get past on defense. Great season!

Advertisement