Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest E-Reader

• 21-04-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭

I have a Kindle App on my Google Nexus, but I'm going travelling for a month during the summer and don't want to bring my tablet (knowing me I'd definitely lose it/drop it into the ocean/ leave it on a train/trade it for a glass of wine. . .)

What is the cheapest E-Reader on the market that I could bring with me? I literally just want something to read a book from. No special features, no fancy colours, just something that stops my luggage being 10kg overweight with all my reading material. :)

Comments

I have a Kindle App on my Google Nexus, but I'm going travelling for a month during the summer and don't want to bring my tablet (knowing me I'd definitely lose it/drop it into the ocean/ leave it on a train/trade it for a glass of wine. . .)

What is the cheapest E-Reader on the market that I could bring with me? I literally just want something to read a book from. No special features, no fancy colours, just something that stops my luggage being 10kg overweight with all my reading material. :)

in Ireland probably the basic kindle. around 100 euro in the shops or if you or someone else is going through the airport you could get it VAT free for about 80 euro in Dixons.

has a big advantages over reading on the Nexus in that the screen does not reflect sunlight and is easier on your eyes for longer reading periods. battery life is obviously hugely better than Nexus also for reading.

if you know someone coming from the US you could maybe get something for 60 euro. (basic kindle or a nook).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Basic Kindle wifi is €82 in Argos in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Cheap Nook (€40) @ Littlewoods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Why not try CEX, I know in the UK they tend to have 2nd hand sony e-readers which are old but meant to be pretty good

Advertisement