Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulled Pork Sandwich in Cork?

Options
  • 21-04-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where (or if!) I can get a pulled pork sandwich in Cork? Hankering to try one and it takes forever to make.

Cheers,

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

The Oliver Plunket bar on Oliver Plunket St. (surprise surprise) certainly used to do a lovely one.
    not sure if they still do. the quality used to go downhill the further into the week you called in , as it was the one piece of pork all the time.
    But early in the week (mon / tues) it was really really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I had one in the Woodford a while back, but I don't know if it's a regular menu item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

There's a stall in the farmers market every Thursday in Mahon Point that does them. Haven't tried it myself, but if their steak sandwiches are anything to go by, their pulled pork should be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelungs

the Sextant bar have them on the menu every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Thanks a million all. Will look into those options!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Now I really want one, they're huge over in America and haven't had one since. Apparently there's a place in kinsale that does them. If you find them let me know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fyda

As far as I know it's available at O'Briens, only for a limited time however

Advertisement