Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with an empty calor gas cylinder

Options
  • 21-04-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hello All,
    My dad has one of these around and we do not even need it. Hanging around the house for a couple of months.

Do you know if you recieve money for returning them? Do you know where you can return them?

I am sure they can be reused

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Any petrol station that stocks gas cylinders will take them off your hands, as the cylinders are reusable.

No money back as far as I know, but I've always gotten discounts when buying a fresh cylinder of gas at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I think that was one of my first questions when I joined Boards.
    They will take it back and replace the gas less the deposit on the cylinder.
    No money back on empties anymore due to them being robbed from back yards as they have to be outside these days.
    Garages etc will take them back and send them back to Calor or whoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

Make a oil burner out of it for the shed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

I will take it off your hands, if you have no use for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

No money back on empties anymore due to them being robbed from back yards as they have to be outside these days.

I was thinking they might not pay you for themfor this very reason. It is probably a good idea that they do not pay. One less thing to rob.

[QUOTE=King Mallie;84266124
    I will take it off your hands, if you have no use for it.
    [/QUOTE]

I will probably fill it up and keep it around. Will have to find the price of filling it up now.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

You'll see them for sale on adverts the odd time too

Advertisement