Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lake garda advice

• 21-04-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭

hi guys, just looking into the summer holiday and ive heard a few good reports about lake garda. can anyone recommend any area to stay in? i am active and am very interested in water sports and mountain biking, i would like if activities like these are close by or at least within a bus journey away.

is lake garda an expensive area?can anyone recommend any day trips that are worthwhile

any help with my questions would be a great help. thank you in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I'm heading there in June with the family and I am staying on the north end of the lake. Lots of water sports there. I have noticed Groupon, or Living Social doing weekend specials on Lake Garda holdiays in recent weeks. Something to look out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

summer=expensive accomodation

outside of summer, accomodation is very reasonable and even at a busy time like easter you can stay there cheaply.

Eating out was very reasonable even in tourist traps but they do sometimes gouge you on beer(which is still kinda seen as exotic!) and deserts. If you stick to water and the often bargain priced house wine and check the desert price before ordering then you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beepop

we stayed in this hotel for 3 nights last sept. It was great, really friendly staff, got a massive hotel room.
    http://www.peschierahotels.it/

Advertisement