Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coding - summer course

Options
  • 21-04-2013 9:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there any coding/computer programming courses on the summer in around north Dublin and the city.

In 17 and finishing 5th year, I want to work in Thai field on the future and this will be the type of course I'm aiming to do in college and want to start learning now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Check out the Coder Dojo links in the first post of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Can you put a web site together?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

I believe DCU runs summer courses aimed at programming for pre-college level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

cathy01 wrote: »
    Can you put a web site together?

A basic One yes, I'm still studying

seanos wrote: »
    I believe DCU runs summer courses aimed at programming for pre-college level.

Could you give me a link please thanks

• Advertisement

Seriously - You are thinking of a career in computing & need someone else to give you a link?

30 seconds on Google & I got back this.

Seriously - You are thinking of a career in computing & need someone else to give you a link?

30 seconds on Google & I got back this.

Yea seriously I am and I'm thinking - I am just a hassle when someone else would link me :)

FWIW - I've been working in IT for over 25 years, & like with most industries you will only get on & be successful if you get off your butt & do things for yourself. ;)

FWIW - I've been working in IT for over 25 years, & like with most industries you will only get on & be successful if you get off your butt & do things for yourself. ;)

You don't say. It's a forum were talking about bit a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

No twoandhalfmen
    What I think is been said is
    Your 17 and say your looking for work yet can't / won't take the 1 min to google something that you needed to know .not because you couldn't but because you couldn't be bothered. If anyone see this thread they wouldnt employee you. You have come accross and cheeky and rude .and I for one wouldn't take you on if that is what your attitude is like for personal thing .now I'm not going to wipe you but I will " mammy" you and say people remember comments made. They remember things like this .someone who may have had a job for you could read this and think oh god now a lazy .....
    So just do the job yourself if you can. If you cant we help and we like to , I just put my baby to bed for the night I swore that's the last bum I was wiping for the rest of the night. , till I read this thread ......

• Advertisement

cathy01 wrote: »
    No twoandhalfmen
    What I think is been said is
    Your 17 and say your looking for work yet can't / won't take the 1 min to google something that you needed to know .not because you couldn't but because you couldn't be bothered. If anyone see this thread they wouldnt employee you. You have come accross and cheeky and rude .and I for one wouldn't take you on if that is what your attitude is like for personal thing .now I'm not going to wipe you but I will " mammy" you and say people remember comments made. They remember things like this .someone who may have had a job for you could read this and think oh god now a lazy .....
    So just do the job yourself if you can. If you cant we help and we like to , I just put my baby to bed for the night I swore that's the last bum I was wiping for the rest of the night. , till I read this thread ......

Sound :)

Advertisement