Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Query

• 21-04-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

TV makes a loud buzzing noise which changes when the scene on tv changes. Only 9 mths since we bought it. Head wrecking! Anybody know why its happening, whats causing it and how to stop it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is the buzzing coming from the speakers or from the internals ? Could be a loose ferrite core on a trafo ?

Make/Model of the TV ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭watermark

ZENER thanks for the reply but have no idea what you said ha!
    I can still here it with sound muted, and it sounds louder the brighter the picture (white background)
    Very annoying when watching snooker, not much background noise to drown it out :(
    oh and its a Toshiba 42", no idea what model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

With the sound muted put your ear to where the speakers are located. Does the sound appear to come from here ? If not, listen around the rear of the TV, is it louder there ? Unplug any sources you're not using - Playstation/Xbox, DVD Players etc - and just leave connected the source you are viewing. Is the noise still there ? Disconnect everything (including the aerial if used), still buzzing ?

The Model Number should be on a label at the rear of the set.

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'd say its the backlight inverter, there is probably something a tiny bit loose that is vibrating at some switching frequency or other.

Bring it back under warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

Could it be something to do with volume levels? I know with my Ma's tv it was doing this. If u have a sky/UPC box make sure the volume is turned up full on that, but turn the volume down on the actual tv. My Ma had the tv volume really high but the set top box low so the speakers were buzzing if u get me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

Sorry didn't see that u had said bout muting! Try it anyway but probably not the speakers so

Advertisement