Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 3: Episode 4 *** Have NOT read the books/SPOILERS ***MOD Note Post#1+69

• 21-04-2013 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Enjoy the episode

There is to be zero, nada, no book discussion in this thread whatsoever

Book readers should take it to the other thread, there really should be no reason to post here for you, by all means enjoy the speculation of non readers like I do :pac:

At the risk of sounding like a parrot by now, if the show needs a book reference for something to be explained then the shows writers have failed miserably :)

I will be deleting any references to books here so don't bother posting them and will seriously consider bans for more serious breaches, you have been warned.

That said , if non book readers really do have something they want to know by all means drop me a PM , I'll likely tell you " you don't seriously want to know that" or "wait and see what happens" :p

**** Edit: Sorry for whoevers thunder I may have stolen in creating this thread I know some folks like to be the one to start the thread each week :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Well good to see things are finally picking up a small bit, some very good scenes in this episode.

First of all it was very interesting Varys telling Tyrion his story and the fact that he keeps that sorcerer prisoner. I feel in this episode we really got to see a bit more of the Spider and see the depths that his spies go to instead of just hearing about them in passing.

The scene at Crasters keep was a bit of a shock although I never trusted that crow that picked on Sam (forget his name). Sad to see the Lord Commander die also. Wonder where Sam will run to?

The scene with Dany was class. Wasn't a shock that she spoke the language or that she burnt the slave master, but the way that this scene was shot was just excellent, right up to the marching out of Astapor and that music being played through the credits which I thought worked very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

That was fantastic !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kirby wrote: »
    Well she seems rather interested in the obedience of her new soldiers. My guess is, she will just order them to kill yer man and take her dragon back.

Or it could be just as simple as calling for him, he roasts his captors and flies to her. I mean, he's a dragon...........he CAN fly. :p

Called it :P Although I doubt anybody actually thought that she was going to let him keep her dragon. The foreshadowing from last week of her talking to the slave was a nice touch. Anybody paying attention already knew she could speak the language and could understand every insult thrown at her.

Fabulous ending scene, it has to be said. That probably took up a good chunk of the budget. Large set, plenty of extra's, pyrotechnics and CGI army and dragons. Not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

The introduction of Beric Dondarrion was a nice touch, especially as I always wondered what happened to the force Ned Stark sent to give the Kings Justice to the Mountain. I am looking forward to the trial by combat next week

The
    death of Jeor Mormont
    was shocking; the Nights Watch are really falling apart.

ALso, no one should keep horse piss in a drinking bottle. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Podraig's legend grows..

Chuffed that freak Kraster is dead, he did look the business with the axe though.
    I had an inkling that danerys would do what she did, i just didnt see it happening the way it did. That was class! Roll on next week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I feel so sorry for Jaime and I really hated him in Season 1. I love the way they're developing the relationship between him and Brianne. I wish that we had heard his response to her asking why he had saved her? Would be awesome if they got together- the look on Cersei's face would be priceless! Don't think it will actually happen tho.

I was really shocked when that lad led Theon back to the torture chamber. I didn't trust him but I thought he was going to hand him over to the Starks or something like that. The sadistic gleam in his eyes when they tied him up was chilling.

It was pretty weird the way the Brothers without Banners are all into the Lord of Light. I hope they aren't too mixed up with the freaky ginger witch.

The scene with Daenerys was excellent- I kind of knew it was coming- that baldy lad was so getting fried. She has some balls freeing the unsullied but hopefully that won't come back to bite her.

I was sorry not to see any of Jon Snow and Ygritte in this episode but it was nice to see them going into more depth with a few characters instead of flitting around between them all. The next week will be tough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Daenerys - such a badass!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's Podrick, not podraig :/

damn Irish, giving out stink about the english claiming irish athletes as brits and then turning around and doing the same to people from westeros

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Is it weird that Bran's dream had an Inception-esque feel to it? I was waiting for a foghorn to go off. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

that episode for me was 9 out of 10. wow what an ending :eek:. the series is really picking up a head of steam now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Brothers without Banners are all into the Lord of Light
    missed that bit.

didn't see them killing the leader of the nightswatch, guess we've been told how they are all convicts.

probably wasn't a good idea to keep bringing them to a place with loads of women

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The ending. Wow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Very strong episode, with an epic cliffhanger; the reveal that Danearys could speak the lingo was fairly heavily telegraphed, and nobody could have seriously thought that she'd give up a dragon, but still it came as a well-spun climax. Of course it wouldn't surprise me if in the next few episodes Danaerys comes across a new hurdle that parks her invasion of Westeros a little.

Curious that the Brotherhood are into the Lord of Light; they seemed quite noble in their intentions, which seems at odds with the fairly dark sorcery of Melisandre, so am a tad confused on that front.

I have to be honest, I have a new-found respect for Varys. Clearly he looks after number 1, but he seems the closest thing to a decent man on the Small Council, appears to genuinely care for Sansa & is keen to keep power out of the hands of the wrong people (insofar as is possible) He commented back in series 1/2 that ultimately he does what he does to look after Westeros rather than personal gain; perhaps there's a truth in that.

I also share the sympathy for both Jaime & Theon; maybe more for the former than the latter. Perhaps this experience might breed some humility and perspective in the Lannister, assuming he survives the season. It seems to be seeping in anyway, thanks to Brienne. As for Theon, he finally admits to the huge error he made, chasing the family who didn't want him back. Also a tad confused as to the point of that whole deception on the part of the Bolton man though (or at least I still think it's the Boltons)

As for the Nights Watch, well that was sad. Great to see Craster get his comeuppance, but what happened to Mormont seems so needless (on that; it's weird when you spot characters actors you recognise popping up in small parts: in this case it was Burn Gorman [Torchwood, The Hour] offing Craster) The Crows really are scattered to the four winds now, hard to see Castle Black staying in their hands for much longer.

Edit: oh and also: Diana Rigg is pretty much stealing every scene she appears in; she's clearly having a ball with the character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Emilia Clarke has really stepped it up big time, she was excellent at the end.

But I can see some sort of spanner in the works that will stop Dany's momentum and I'd be willing to punt that it'll be in the form of Melisandre (I haven't read the books).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

damn Irish, giving out stink about the english claiming irish athletes as brits and then turning around and doing the same to people from westeros

I think it's actually PodDick by all accounts!

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Possibly the best episode of the season so far.

The ending really topped it of, things are really starting to heat up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I love Daenerys more with each episode, I suppose like Arya she's a strong but kind-hearted female character. This episode was brilliant especially the part when she spoke to the soldiers and all was revealed to the other characters, that scene was buzzing with energy. I had a suspion that she simply wouldn't give up her dragon without a fight and I thought to that the dragon would not wish to be torn from her either. The Night's Watch scene was slightly sad, I thought the vile old man would be killed but I never imagined they'd turn on one another and I wasn't happy at the commanders death either, he seemed like a good man. Margaery is certainly a woman I don't trust. In the scene where she was alone with Sansa I kept thinking something horrible would happen!:P I have a feeling the marriage idea is to give Margaery's family more power if something happens to Rob becasue I remembered Varys saying that's why Littlefinger wished to have her. Love Margaery's grandmother, she's a good laugh! Nice to see a more considerate side of Varys, I might even begin to like him! And of course no fault with Charles Dance as usual, I love that man!:D The thing about Podrick is quite funny as well, with them all wondering what special 'talents' he has! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Excellent episode!

Sad to see the nights watch turn into that

Daenerys is looking real dangerous but no doubt she'll break a nail and they'll have to stop their march for a season or two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Epic end to the episode

Game-of-Thrones-Season-3-Daenerys-Targaryen-Animated.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

pixelburp wrote: »

Curious that the Brotherhood are into the Lord of Light; they seemed quite noble in their intentions, which seems at odds with the fairly dark sorcery of Melisandre, so am a tad confused on that front.

well now the way I read it, and I think it comes across fairly well in the series so far, consider the priests of the lord of light more as charismatic preacher types, more than traditional priest types like the septons, they are very much in the vein of the early missionaries and each tailors their message to suit the purpose of their audience and their own personal interpretation of the lords message.

so while thoros and melisandre are ostensibly representing the same deity they have different approaches,

what i really need at this point is some american to reference this to different christian styles like jehovas witness/catholic/anglican/methodist/moron etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I could listen to Daenerys speak Valyrian all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Top Episode. Looking forward to the trial by combat next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I could listen to Daenerys speak Valyrian all day.

Same here, I'm like the unsullied, if she took a shoite in the corner I'd guard it for a week. She's amazing

Back on topic, What a class episode, truly brilliant. So much happening from the get go. That granny is class could watch her all day, I'd love to see a scene with her and Tywin Lannister.

On another note, can someone fill me in on the band of the brotherhood and all that light stuff? I must have missed something because i don't recognise the leader with one eye and I'm afraid of googling in case I'll spoil things for myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'm just saying the way i hear it spoken in the series dude, relax, you'll live longer.

allybhoy wrote: »
    On another note, can someone fill me in on the band of the brotherhood and all that light stuff? I must have missed something because i don't recognise the leader with one eye and I'm afraid of googling in case I'll spoil things for myself

Okay well as I can see it the Brotherhood are a band of rogues led by Beric Dondarion. In season 1 we saw Ned Stark instruct Beric and a group of men to track down the Mountain and bring justice. Now the actor who played Beric in season 1 was recast for season 3 so you would not recognize him on appearance alone. When Ned was killed this group continued in their task but showed no fielty/loyalty to any household (without banners). We have now been told in this episode that the Brotherhood are servants to the same lord of light that Mellisandre worships and they leave the current fate of the Hound in the Lord's hands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

DL Saint wrote: »
    Okay well as I can see it the Brotherhood are a band of rogues led by Beric Dondarion. In season 1 we saw Ned Stark instruct Beric and a group of men to track down the Mountain and bring justice. Now the actor who played Beric in season 1 was recast for season 3 so you would not recognize him on appearance alone. When Ned was killed this group continued in their task but showed no fielty/loyalty to any household (without banners). We have now been told in this episode that the Brotherhood are servants to the same lord of light that Mellisandre worships and they leave the current fate of the Hound in the Lord's hands...
    Thanks, I can't remember Beric at all from the first series at all, did he have one eye then?

Mod Note Mod Note I've deleted some replies to this and handed out bans, please read the OP and play by the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

allybhoy wrote: »
    Thanks, I can't remember Beric at all from the first series at all, did he have one eye then?

He was in it for literally 5 seconds when Ned is told of the mountain's men raping and burning out villages

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Here's the scene, he only had a couple of lines:

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    well now the way I read it, and I think it comes across fairly well in the series so far, consider the priests of the lord of light more as charismatic preacher types, more than traditional priest types like the septons, they are very much in the vein of the early missionaries and each tailors their message to suit the purpose of their audience and their own personal interpretation of the lords message.

so while thoros and melisandre are ostensibly representing the same deity they have different approaches,

what i really need at this point is some american to reference this to different christian styles like jehovas witness/catholic/anglican/methodist/moron etc

<Snip>
    Mod note : No book references please

So far all I know from the lord of the light is the priest from last nights episode and Melisandre the red head.

And also IMO the lord of the light is pretty much a direct stand in for Satan, or Satanism.

Mod note : No book references please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I HAVE read the books but won't say anything other than I couldn't wait to see the reaction to this episode from those who hadn't. Very satisfying episode brilliantly done.

While Tyrion's most people's (Readers and non-readers) favourite character Varys is right on up there. He came dangerously close to stealing this brilliant episode with his amazing scenes with Granny Tyrell, Tyrion and the whore with nothing more than fantastic writing and acting from all parties: No CGI, no bombast, just class*

*Don't get me wrong, I love CGI and bombast but I just LOVED the Varys scenes

And also IMO the lord of the light is pretty much a direct stand in for Satan, or Satanism.

No I think you're misconstruing the whole thing, you can't draw a comparison from the real world to compare to that. What you're saying there is that everyone who worships the lord of light would be a type of westerosi satanist/Evil person.

It's just another religion in the series, there is no good/bad religion here, they're pretty much a plot setting to define certain characters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

While Tyrion's most people's (Readers and non-readers) favourite character Varys is right on up there. He came dangerously close to stealing this brilliant episode with his amazing scenes with Granny Tyrell, Tyrion and the whore with nothing more than fantastic writing and acting from all parties: No CGI, no bombast, just class*

To be fair, Varys is a character that lacked a lot of depth until the more recent episodes; it was easy to take him at face value as the shallow & conniving career man, only interested in his own position - easy because whilst true up to a point, it was pretty much how the show presented him. Recent events suggest he wants more than his own success & preservation; he seems genuinely concerned about the balance of the realm & the safety of certain individuals (Sansa, Tyrion).

He's more than capable of seeing the big picture, and recognizes Littlefinger as the biggest threat in Kings Landing (dragons & zombies notwithstanding of course). That said, he was happy to stand back and let Joffrey run the country into the ground: I guess he feels he can't do anything about Kings kicking the snot out of each other, but can at least stymy wannabe tyrants from getting to the table.

I have to be honest, I have a new-found respect for Varys. Clearly he looks after number 1, but he seems the closest thing to a decent man on the Small Council, appears to genuinely care for Sansa & is keen to keep power out of the hands of the wrong people (insofar as is possible) He commented back in series 1/2 that ultimately he does what he does to look after Westeros rather than personal gain; perhaps there's a truth in that.

I actually felt that a more sinister side came out in him what with keeping that lad in the box. His character is definitely developing and adding more dimensions. Before I saw him as sort of camp and cuddly but this episode shows that he's not afraid to get his hands dirty, as well as showing his integrity when it comes to protecting the realm. I got the feeling that his looking out for Sansa was more of a tactical move than because he genuinely cared about her fate. He showed that he cares more about influencing the way things turn out than doing his friends a favour.
    As for the Nights Watch, well that was sad. Great to see Craster get his comeuppance, but what happened to Mormont seems so needless (on that; it's weird when you spot characters actors you recognise popping up in small parts: in this case it was Burn Gorman [Torchwood, The Hour] offing Craster) The Crows really are scattered to the four winds now, hard to see Castle Black staying in their hands for much longer.

I also got the feeling that this was paving the way for Manse Rayder and his army to take over Castle Black. With Mormont and Halfhand gone there's only that lad who had it in for Jon Snow back at Castle Black (Ser Alliser Thorne according to IMDb), unless there's other higher ups that we haven't seen. I wonder if Jon Snow will stick with the Free Folk and Ygritte or will he make good on his deathbed promise to the Halfhand to be a spy for the Night's Watch. This is one of the biggest questions for me atm (I also am dying to see will Jon and Ygritte get it on, he looks like he needs a bit of cheering up, God love the ba$tard!). Also I really hope that Sam and Gilly and the baby get away but I don't have much faith in Sam's abilities as a protector:(.

Tzar Chasm wrote: »

what i really need at this point is some american to reference this to different christian styles like jehovas witness/catholic/anglican/methodist/moron :D etc

Freudian slips aside, I was thinking along the same lines. The Lord of Light seems to be a new religion, by the way that Melisandra was getting Stannis to burn the icons of the seven. It makes sense that the Brotherhood, who are pioneering socialism (which seems to be totally alien to Westeros) would adopt a new dynamic religion without the trappings of the seven. I just wonder if because its a small, emerging new faith would they have much to do with each other. I really hope Arya and Gendry don't fall into her claws! If she found out who Gendry was he would be a threat to Stannis' claim on the throne and might be dealt with:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I still don't really enjoy Varys' character. Every other scene with him has him alluding to the fact that he has no willy.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Here's the scene, he only had a couple of lines:

What I find interesting about this scene is that Ned Stark calls the Lannisters to task for the behaviour of their bannermen. I wonder will Rob Stark similarly be responsible for the actions of the Boltons who are shaping up to be among my least favourite of the houses, what with their torture and rape and mutilation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    Freudian slips aside, I was thinking along the same lines. The Lord of Light seems to be a new religion, by the way that Melisandra was getting Stannis to burn the icons of the seven. It makes sense that the Brotherhood, who are pioneering socialism (which seems to be totally alien to Westeros) would adopt a new dynamic religion without the trappings of the seven. I just wonder if because its a small, emerging new faith would they have much to do with each other. I really hope Arya and Gendry don't fall into her claws! If she found out who Gendry was he would be a threat to Stannis' claim on the throne and might be dealt with:eek:

I was actually thinking she knows about him and is off to make a creature with him, based on her departure from Stanis the previous week.

She hinted that others have his blood and his fires were running low. I could be miles out of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am really enjoying this season, the Tyrells are brilliant, I'm not sure if Margery is just playing Joffrey for a fool or everyone, Sansa included, will she look out for her or just use her as a pawn or worse, her grandmother is hilarious, had more funny lines in one scene than Tyrion usually gets in a full episode. "What happens when the non existant meets the decrepit" made me burst out laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

So many posting in here that have clearly read the books. Filling in back story and alluding to what's ahead. Poor form.

golfball37 wrote: »
    I was actually thinking she knows about him and is off to make a creature with him, based on her departure from Stanis the previous week.

She hinted that others have his blood and his fires were running low. I could be miles out of course.

I interpreted that as she was going to sacrifice one of Stannis' kids to the Lord of Light or something, you could be right though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

Rosy Posy wrote: »

I also got the feeling that this was paving the way for Manse Rayder and his army to take over Castle Black. With Mormont and Halfhand gone there's only that lad who had it in for Jon Snow back at Castle Black (Ser Alliser Thorne according to IMDb), unless there's other higher ups that we haven't seen. I wonder if Jon Snow will stick with the Free Folk and Ygritte or will he make good on his deathbed promise to the Halfhand to be a spy for the Night's Watch. This is one of the biggest questions for me atm (I also am dying to see will Jon and Ygritte get it on, he looks like he needs a bit of cheering up, God love the ba$tard!). Also I really hope that Sam and Gilly and the baby get away but I don't have much faith in Sam's abilities as a protector:(.

I was wondering this as well, is there much/anybody left defending the Wall now or was that the core of the force? Didn't expect them to start attacking each other like that at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

snausages wrote: »
    I still don't really enjoy Varys' character. Every other scene with him has him alluding to the fact that he has no willy.

oh fcuk, forever more i'm going to have an image in my head

Varys MacLove

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

best episode of this season and possibly better than any episode last season.

i'd love to show khaleesi my one eyed dragon

250624.png

What an ending, Dany looking like a royal badass leading her new army

Just gonna spoiler this in case anyone hasn't/doesn't want to see the preview of next weeks episode... Not really a spoiler, just my thoughts of a clip in the preview.
    Looks like the guy who will be taking on The Hound puts his sword on fire in the fight... Remembering how scared The Hound was of the wildfyre in the Battle last year, i'm not thinking it will end well for him. One of my favourite characters:(

Degag wrote: »
    Just gonna spoiler this in case anyone hasn't/doesn't want to see the preview of next weeks episode... Not really a spoiler, just my thoughts of a clip in the preview.
    Looks like the guy who will be taking on The Hound puts his sword on fire in the fight... Remembering how scared The Hound was of the wildfyre in the Battle last year, i'm not thinking it will end well for him. One of my favourite characters:(

Is he the same guy Jaime mintions in season 1? also rule of thumb with this series is never get attached to anyone :pac: someone accidentally spoiled a characters fate for me recently, was raging but am dying to see how they handle it. won't say who obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Wow. Just f#cking wow!!!

Found myself dying with laughter when the slave master finally copped what was about to happen, Dany is in serious form! Even though you knew it was coming it was done exceptionally well.

Thought the opening scene with Jaime was very intense, almost hard to watch as you seen him struggling with the sword in his other hand.

The bit with Theon was a major WTF moment? Don't see why the young lad went to all the trouble of freeing him only to bring him back to the same place, doesn't make sense to me at all.

krudler wrote: »
    Is he the same guy Jaime mintions in season 1? also rule of thumb with this series is never get attached to anyone :pac: someone accidentally spoiled a characters fate for me recently, was raging but am dying to see how they handle it. won't say who obviously.

Who?
    The Hound is The Mountain's brother, Joffrey's former bodyguard. The guy fighting him is that Beric guy that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

krudler wrote: »
    Is he the same guy Jaime mintions in season 1?
    Think Jaime mentioned Thoros(Dennis Pennis) in S1
    as lighting his sword on fire in combat.
    Thoros is with Beric in the Brotherhood

Spoilered for those who haven't seen previews of next episode. No book spoilers.

s.welstead wrote: »
    Think Jaime mentioned Thoros(Dennis Pennis) in S1
    as lighting his sword on fire in combat.
    Thoros is with Beric in the Brotherhood

Spoilered for those who haven't seen previews of next episode. No book spoilers.

thats the one, the guy Jaime talks about with a flaming sword at the Pike I think

• Advertisement
Advertisement