Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Aston Villa Match Thread 22/04/2013. ko 8pm Sky.

• 21-04-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

......................FWSpU.jpg.................

.......................................290341365_1366269305.jpg.....................

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Good stuff, lets do this in style men and crack open the bubbly approx 24hrs from now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Would love a draw tomorrow night...do it in style at the emirates next sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Love a defeat and relegate QPR :p

Nah honestly finish it off tomorrow night then return the favour to AVB and his white army in the Emirates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

dont get this... just get it won. we've dicked bout enough as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm afraid of Bentekkers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Could have been able to go to this match, only for college I would have went.. :(

Hope we win this comfortably, get it over and done with. That way a few of our non regulars can get a game and hopefully the amount to get the medals. Can Powell/Buttner still get one? Would also be nice going to the Emirates with the title under out belt.

Going to go with 3-1; RVP, Rooney and Raf :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

RVP to continue his goal scoring form and claim the Golden Boot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

what is?

edit: actually pm me, not having you ruin another thread especially one which is likely to see a title being won

No need man. It was only meant as a joke that it seems that what Suarez did will probably overshadow utd winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A cagey 1-0 to United.

Gary Neville to be able to contain his excitement in the studio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

dont get this... just get it won. we've dicked bout enough as it is

One tiny thing goes against ya though Paul on that one, we could have this again:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I miss those games against Arsenal, just not the same anymore.

'Face Off'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Time to take those ****ing horrible blue ****e ribbons off our trophy and get the red white and black ones back to their rightful home.

I also cannot wait for the new start to MOTD and soccer Saturday on today fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

ferguson-wins-best-manager.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can i just say i hope you don't win tonight, meaning a win against Arsenal would wrap it up. That's what you all really want as well though, isn't it? Stick it to Arsenal and all that? :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

deleted a few posts there this is about Villa vs Utd and not any other match or players that have no relevance on tonights match so lets stick on topic if possible.

Villa have a simply abysmal record vs Utd, Utd could win the title here and Villa are fighting relegation therefore we will obviously get a Benteke hat trick as Villa win 5-0

seriously though most Villa fans have written this match off and a draw would be as big as a win in many ways for them, they are in good form but Man Utd might be a bit too much of a hurdle for them tonight. Head says 2-0 to Utd but heart says 1-0 to Villa which I'd love to happen but I expect Utd to be Champions after tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Keno 92 wrote: »
    RVP to continue his goal scoring form and claim the Golden Boot!

he will take it n style now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I don't think the team will be let lapse tonight. Fergie will give them a proper bollocking before and during the match to make sure of it.

I'm thinking 3-0 United, RVP to score at least 1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

3-0 United.

RVP x 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Villa played well again us at Villa Park earlier in the season although their record at OT was rubbish until they beat us in 2009 (incidently the last time we failed to score at home in the league, fact fans.....) Can see it being cagey for the first half but after the hairdryer at half time Utd to win 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I cant see us doing anything but being professional and getting the job done tonight. I would love RVP to get a guard of honour at the emirates on sunday. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Hopefully 2-0 UTD Rooney and RVP

PLEASEEEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Would love Rooney to score the winner in the 94th min then reveal a tshirt saying R.I.P Tevez. Then leg it home and deck Mancini in the jaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I fancy Villa to score. They have been impressive the last few games I have seen them.

It won't be stroll tonight but do think United will be professional to the maximium and get the job done.

2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Damn 5 a side. Gonna miss the first half. Straight to the pub afterwards though can't wait. Hope I remember tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

he will take it n style now
    Don't count his chickens, Bale is three behind him and has Wigan and Southampton in his next two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

The pressure is on Villa as Man Utd have another 4 games to win the title after this one. Its hard to see a draw for Villa let alone a win. Man Utd to win the title tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Championes, Championes , Ole, Ole, Ole!

We probably won't win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

A trip to the doctor to tell me that I've early signs of appendecitis will be forgotten if we do the business tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Probably gonna seem as over confidence and arrogance, and could come back to bite me, but its guaranteed to happen tonight in my eyes, more hoping we do it in style and hit them for 4 or 5...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If all goes according to plan will the trophy be presented tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

If all goes according to plan will the trophy be presented tonight?

Nope the Swansea game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

61 minutes!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Would love Rooney to score the winner in the 94th min then reveal a tshirt saying R.I.P Tevez. Then leg it home and deck Mancini in the jaw

Why is Mancini in his house ? Do you know something your not sharing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    [/B]

Why is Mancini in his house ? Do you know something your not sharing ?

He has it on good authority that Mancini is plowing his missus. But he hasn't reacted yet so he can catch him out in this elaborate way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

4-0 to United. Got a feeling.

No. 20!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

#MUFC team v Villa: De Gea, Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Giggs, Carrick, Kagawa, Rooney, RVP

#AVFC: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar [c], Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, N’Zogbia, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Benteke. #AVFCLIVE

Kagawa on the left? *flips table*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Kagawa on the left? *flips table*

Why? He played very well there against West Ham and scored a hattrick from there v Norwich.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No Vida or Rio is risky, hopefully Jones keeps up his CB form as of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I don't want to start another Nani argument in a match thread, but it's really disappointing to see him on the bench again. It'll be even more disappointing to see him go in the summer, as seems to be the most likely outcome of this whole affair.

• Advertisement

I don't want to start another Nani argument in a match thread, but it's really disappointing to see him on the bench again. It'll be even more disappointing to see him go in the summer, as seems to be the most likely outcome of this whole affair.

Bet ya he's off to PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

No Vida or Rio is risky, hopefully Jones keeps up his CB form as of late.

Was just thinking that. Will be interesting to see how they cope with Benteke. He's a tough customer on his day.

Blatter wrote: »
    Why? He played very well there against West Ham and scored a hattrick from there v Norwich.

He's best in the number 10 role, unless it's Rooney and Carrick in CM with Giggs on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

What's Cleverley's story? Just been dropped out of no where really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

3 words for all you mufc fanboys...benteke and agbonlahor..and also im sure ferguson would love to see leatherface redknapp get relegated tonight.:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He's best in the number 10 role, unless it's Rooney and Carrick in CM with Giggs on the left.

He's better than Rooney out on the left though and Rooney is too good not to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Bet ya he's off to PSG.

If that's the case, then I hope he goes for upwards of £35 million. I have a feeling he'll be lucky to get to £20. Could be a case of Fergie being willing to take any amount of money to get rid of him, which again is hugely disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

If that's the case, then I hope he goes for upwards of £35 million. I have a feeling he'll be lucky to get to £20. Could be a case of Fergie being willing to take any amount of money to get rid of him, which again is hugely disappointing.

Be surprised if we got 15m for him.

Anyway, Giggs starting again. He really is beginning to turn my stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Nope the Swansea game

Why not tonight? It's a home game, right?

That Pierce Bronsan ad :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement