Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2: Superbowl

Options
  • 21-04-2013 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Kansas City Chiefs (Berty44) -v- Washington Redskins (Ben SFC)

How's Tuesday Berty? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Ben, can I come back to you on this. I think I am out Tuesday night so it may have to be Wednesday. Not 100% sure on this as the Tuesday night thing may not happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Berty44 wrote: »
    Ben, can I come back to you on this. I think I am out Tuesday night so it may have to be Wednesday. Not 100% sure on this as the Tuesday night thing may not happen.

No problem Bert, I can start late Tuesday if you prefer or Wednesday should be ok too. Let me know! :)

Will try and let you know as soon as I can Ben. Tuesday I will either be on after Champions League game or not at all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Clash of the Titans part deux! Good luck to both and Bert if you win, get the beers in!

The Superbowl has been scheduled for Wednesday night, so get writing that review Mike :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Is the superbowl tonight?, very little build up to it if it is.

Who is doing the half time show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Is the superbowl tonight?, very little build up to it if it is.

Who is doing the half time show?

I believe it's Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Did this go ahead? how is it going?

Chiefs 33-30 Redskins

Every bit as close as the shoreline suggests this was another in a long list of classics between us, except for a bit madder than usual. RG3 had 4 interceptions and Skins also had a fumble. Not to be outdone rookie QB Jason Merrian threw 5 interceptions and still managed to win a Superbowl.

Chiefs had 1st possession and after an interception Redskins got the 1st score a FG. Chiefs took the lead when Charles took off on a 68 yard run. Then like the last Superbowl Redskins gave up a safety. A pair of Cundiff FGs tied the game before KC took the HT lead 12-9 with a Succop 49yd FG. The first half was littered with turnovers and some incredible defence including some great red zone defence by the Chiefs.

Q3 Redskins took the lead with a brilliant 47yard pass to Moss, Chiefs regained it when on 3rd down a fantastic pass from Merian to fellow rookie Silver, which could have been picked ( DeAngelo Hall picked off 2 interceptions on this play on the other side of the field ) but he got between the coverage and took off for a 76yd score. Washington were back in front when RG3 showed incredible patience and vision to find Roland in space and get the 35yard score. Redskins then had control but gave it up again when in the face of a blitz RG3 threw an interception returned 56 yards by Standford Routt for the TD.

The Chiefs led by 3 and held the Redskins next drive. A long drive and they faced 3rd and 8 at the 20. Looking at Ben's defence I chickened out and called a draw. Unbelievably Charles ran right up the middle 20 yards to give the Chiefs a 10point lead with under 4 minutes left. The Chiefs defence again came good and after forcing the Redskins to use all their timeouts with a clock chewing drive punted the ball back with just 2 minutes left.

It proved too much of a mountain for the Redskins to climb and although Roland caught a TD pass with 15 seconds left the onside kick failed and the Chiefs could kneel to retain their Superbowl crown.

The game really could have gone either way. The Silver TD could have been a pick 6 the other way, the Routt interception, a TD for the Skins.

The banter though the whole game was brilliant, the drops, fumbles, picks, great TD's, we talked about them all, it's why Madden is a great game to play.

Ben as always was very gracious in defeat. As I said to him, if I had lost I would not have felt too bad because he is a top player.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Congrats Berty and commiserations Ben! Jesus, Berty's reign with the Chiefs will have to be referred to as an "era" soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Forget Superbowl, Just rename this new seasons competition as Berty Bowl biggrin.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well done Berty and unlucky Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Well done Berty, hard luck Ben.

Congratulations Berty! :)

I can't look at those stats :pac: Can't believe we had 9 INTs between us, absolutely mental game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Congrats Berty,hard luck Ben,seems like it was a cracking game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Another classic between the two lads. Fair play boys ! Betty's Redzone D is truly awful to deal with.

Congratz Berty ! More silver ware !

Commiserations Ben! You'll have to console yourself with your Pro franchise trophies :)

Advertisement