Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rug Cleaning?

Options
  • 22-04-2013 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi all, as the title states, looking for somewhere to get 3 rugs cleaned? 2 of them are only small, say 3x4 foot, and the last one is a big enough one, maybe 7x5 foot?

I dont really want to rent the Rug Doctor, as to be totally honest, i just dont think it does that good a job. Is there anywhere around that would give them a clean/steam/wash/freshen up? Theyre looking pretty rough at the moment, and with the price of rugs being OTT, i dont want to throw them out and buy fresh.

Anywhere at all i could get them done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

Depends on the quality of them I suppose but you could go to the local petrol stn or garage and get the power washer hose at them.I never washed rugs with it but I often washed my work overalls when I worked in a garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

No specific place that could do them though? Trained?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mister Burns

I'm getting some done by this crowd later this week - http://www.cleaningdoctor.ie/galway-a.html

If you haven't sound someone by then I'll let you know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've used cleaning Doc a long time ago, was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

You can hire various steam cleaning devices for the day from certain plant/equipment hire companies and do it yourself. It might be cheaper than getting it done through a company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mister Burns

Great results on carpets, couch and curtains and came in quite reasonable - probably more than hire charge and chemical costs but I'm guessing if it took him nearly 3 hours it would have taken me a full day with lower results so I'm happy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement