Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychics

Options
  • 22-04-2013 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, Anyone know a good psychic in Sligo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

Try Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I knew a good one, but they went out of business due to unforeseen circumstances. What's a good psychic anyway? One with a better imagination?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Someone started a thread a while back asking about Mediums in Sligo. But all they got was trolls and bullshít and eventually the thread was closed. Sad really. Anyway OP, sorry I can't help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The nerd in me got excited, thought we were going to talk Physics.

Anyway, there used to be a lady in Kevinsfort that done readings but don't think shes around anymore. She used to advertise in The Weekender and I haven't seen the ad in ages so I'm assuming shes gone (then again I haven't bought The Weekender in ages so therein lies the conundrum).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Is Angel World still open? 2 Hyde Bridge, upstairs opposite the Yeats Building in Sligo? Might try asking in there Eveprice.

@ Corvus Maximus. Good point. I think I recall that thread, but wasn't that the one where a poster was asking where to buy a Ouija board in Sligo and someone replied "Try Veritas". I thought that was hilarious.

• Advertisement

@Corvus Maximus. You were right, Psychics/Mediums Thread December 2012. Closed due to messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Someone started a thread a while back asking about Mediums in Sligo. But all they got was trolls and bullshít and eventually the thread was closed. Sad really. Anyway OP, sorry I can't help you.

It's not sad, it is ideal. Psychics should be laughed out the front door of civilisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Zillah wrote: »
    It's not sad, it is ideal. Psychics should be laughed out the front door of civilisation.
    Don't be silly. Its perfectly acceptable to pretend to talk with someones dead relatives as long as you charge money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I went to see Declan who is based in Dublin. He comes to Angelworld now and again.
    He told me all about my Aunt, she'd only died a few weeks before I went to see him. I didn't put any information about her on the internet so he had no way of knowing. He said thank you to me for lighting a candle for her which I had done earlier that day, again he had no way of knowing I'd done that.

I have seen some rubbish ones but thought he was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

magnumlady wrote: »
    I went to see Declan who is based in Dublin. He comes to Angelworld now and again.
    He told me all about my Aunt, she'd only died a few weeks before I went to see him. I didn't put any information about her on the internet so he had no way of knowing. He said thank you to me for lighting a candle for her which I had done earlier that day, again he had no way of knowing I'd done that.

I have seen some rubbish ones but thought he was very good.

Yes that sounds perfectly reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I had quite a long response written but I deleted it. Best left at those who capitalise on the pain and grieving of others are disgusting.

There are no psychics. It's a complete scam. If someone was genuinely psychic they would not be working out of a small shop or house to do it. They would be on the world stage. These people charge money to cold read people, so don't try and use modesty as an excuse as to why they are not well known for their abilities.

Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Ever consider that people may use mediums as a form of therapy or to say the words to loved ones gone that they never got to say. Alot of people aren't religious so talking to a priest just isn't the same as speaking to a medium.

I for one don't believe in any of it, but if someone wants to hand over e20 and walks away feeling better in themselves then away with them!! It's ignorant to say "grow up". Let them deal with their grief or issues in how they see fit.

Sorry OP , I've no suggestions other than check angel world as said. Best of luck in your search.

When is Boards.ie introducing the "Dislike", "Inappropriate Comment" and "Unrequested Opinion" comment buttons?

Please let it be soon.

Kettleson wrote: »
    When is Boards.ie introducing the "Dislike", "Inappropriate Comment" and "Unrequested Opinion" comment buttons?

Please let it be soon.

Let that be your first question to a psychic.

Zillah wrote: »

Unsurprisingly you missed the point in my OP. Yet ironically enough, you also made my point.

Unsurprisingly you missed the point in my OP. Yet ironically enough, you also made my point.

"All it got were Trolls and Bull****".

You used those two words to defend someone's search for a psychic, now there's your irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Ah we sort of agree then I guess.

Yeah I see where you're coming from regarding reason and logic, but I truly believe at the very very bottom of their souls, most people can understand it's a bit of a long reach. I mean you have Derren Brown explaining these things away on tv, and google is at peoples fingertips to understand what they're walking into.

But if it's a way that people can feel better about after leaving then away with them. Degree bound pshycologists (spelling wrong) would cost a fortune and whilst eventually getting to the root of the problem, can be financially draining on the person who may just want a "quick fix" and say goodbye.

I think the thing that got me regarding your first post was "grow up" referring to people that do enjoy seeking out advice from mediums - however ridiculously flawed it may be logically. If you have an issue with money being generated from grieving people than aim your displeasure at the mediums and the industry, not the OP.

Sorry to hear of your own families grieve, suicide is an awfully hard death to comprehend and let go of :(

"All it got were Trolls and Bull****".

You used those two words to defend someone's search for a psychic, now there's your irony.

And yet more tripe continues to make my point.

To decipher that for you, basicially what that means is, if you got nothing constructive to offer then why bother? Unless.....well I best not say. Look up the meaning of irony btw.

The OP was looking for help in finding a psychic in Sligo, not an opinion. I don't believe in mediums or psychics, but I'm not pompous enough to discount someones beliefs or ridicule them.

To decipher that for you, basicially what that means is, if you got nothing constructive to offer then why bother? Unless.....well I best not say. Look up the meaning of irony btw.

Thank you for your condescending reply. Dragging the conversation further off topic and completely undermining the point you're looking to drum into me
    The OP was looking for help in finding a psychic in Sligo, not an opinion. I don't believe in mediums or psychics, but I'm not pompous enough to discount someones beliefs or ridicule them.

So the OP is looking for a psychic on a forum intended for discussion, and I can't offer an opinion? There's lots of people looking for recommendations on the resteraunt and broadband threads etc, should I remove my opinion there on your suggestion?

It's not pompous to suggest psychics are nonsense, don't waste your money and seek CBT (For example) to the OP. Plus I'd describe myself as arrogant, pompous actually sounds pompous, ironically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Thank you for your condescending reply. Dragging the conversation further off topic and completely undermining the point you're looking to drum into me

Nothing condcesdeing about Corvuses reply, you just made his point that's all. He only mentioned the crap that started last time someone was looking for a medium and it has started again here. So keep trying to spin it any way you want.

So the OP is looking for a psychic on a forum intended for discussion, and I can't offer an opinion?

But the OP wasn't looking for an opinion, they were trying to locate a Psychic. If I was looking for a taxi, would you decide to come along and start discussing how much you don't like taxi drivers with me?

Or if I was looking for the local chinese takeaway, maybe you would come along and start telling me how bad they were for me. When all I wanted was a location not an opinion. Is the penny starting to drop now?

There's lots of people looking for recommendations on the resteraunt and broadband threads etc, should I remove my opinion there on your suggestion?

Read the OP again, the OP was NOT looking for a recommendation :rolleyes:, they were trying to find a psychic. So how does giving your unwarranted opinion, offer any help btw?

Sure of course we have the freedom to say and do what we want in any thread here. Both most people have the cop on, not to wade in if they can't be of any help. Then we have others, who really don't give a shít about helping the OP. They just need to get on their soap box and flap.

• Advertisement

mongoman wrote: »
    Nothing condcesdeing about Corvuses reply

"To decipher that for you, basicially what that means is"

Your absolutely right. There is now way Corvus came across condescending at all.

But the OP wasn't looking for an opinion, they were trying to locate a Psychic. If I was looking for a taxi, would you decide to come along and start discussing how much you don't like taxi drivers with me?

This is a discussion forum. If you were looking to get a taxi I may have an opinion that you should avoid a certain taxi for any number of reasons. Being the good samaritan that I am I would weigh in to let you know that you'd be wasting your money as they'd only drive your around in circles (Much like a psychic). I'm a philanthropist, what can I say.

Also not comparable due to the fact that a taxi takes you from A to B. A psychic takes you for A mug.
    Or if I was looking for the local chinese takeaway, maybe you would come along and start telling me how bad they were for me. When all I wanted was a location not an opinion. Is the penny starting to drop now?
    I love Chinese food and would never try and put you off it.

Read the OP again, the OP was NOT looking for a recommendation :rolleyes:, they were trying to find a psychic. So how does giving your unwarranted opinion, offer any help btw?

If the OP was looking for the easter bunny, would I be out of place to say that it doesn't exist and if your looking for a chocolate egg then go to tesco instead?
    As we've not heard from the OP then perhaps they have gone off a little bit more enlightened and have decided that seeking easy answers in life (and still not getting any) through psychics is nonsense.
    Sure of course we have the freedom to say and do what we want in any thread here. Both most people have the cop on, not to wade in if they can't be of any help. Then we have others, who really don't give a shít about helping the OP. They just need to get on their soap box and flap.
    Yourself and Corvus are trying to make a point and it is hilarious to watch as you both undermine it, more than once in Corvus' case.

The OP is not looking for my personal opinion, I get your point. However when someone opens a thread on supernatural and highly illogical nonsense on a discussion forum then they are going to receive opinion on how it is a scam, a waste of money and alternatives are there for help.

I think your just a little sore that your thread about this nonsense was interrupted and closed also. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82154960
    I'll leave it now. Not due to the righteous crusade by yourself and Corvus, but due to the fact I am not wasting any more time on this thread. If yourself and Corvus want to continue your crusade to stop someone having an opinion on a discussion forum however, I'd love to hear it. PM as I won't be replying to this soon to be closed thread.

As this seems a free and open debate, what would have occurred if the OP had requested recommendations for a Spiritualist Church in Sligo and had been met with similar derisory comments as to their (assumed) beliefs?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi OP - You would probably get a far more helpful response to your question in the Psychics & Mediums forum.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Guys all the OP is looking for is advice on where to find a psychic, please refrain from ridiculing or belittling their opinions if you disagree with them. Please stay on topic and provide advice if you know of one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

I'll leave it now.

Pity you didn't do tha much sooner, because you offered nothing constructive toward the OP's request. The only one on a crusade in here was you, Corvus just predicted the arrival of you and your ilk.

Anyway OP, sorry I can't help you with your request. But have a look at this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055805793.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lads I didn't post earlier for the fun of it. I had to delete some comments and hand out infractions. Next time there'll be bans, please stay on topic and smart arse comments aren't appreciated either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I've had two PM's about this thread. Firstly I'm not the only Sligo mod. Secondly I do have a life outside boards.ie. If any of you have a problem with any thread report it. Don't send PM's to mods. Someone will deal with it.
    Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement