Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do customs have to tow the car

• 22-04-2013 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Sup

My car got towed away by customs for not registering the car.

It was stopped around 700meters from the impound car parking space and the customs had it towed away there [probably after waiting considerable ammount of time for tow car] rather than driving it to there.
    This resulted in not having a car for the weekend, which was unfortunate.
    I'm just wondering if they actually have to tow away the car, cannot they drive it to the place?

Are there some regulations on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No, they can drive it, i seen on that Customs programme on RTE the bald headed Customs guy seized a UK/NI plated BMW, he drove it to the pound.
    Reason i remember it is because it took him ages to find out how to start it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yes, they can drive it away rather than tow it. As a matter of interest - Why has the car not been VRT'd?

TBH - I would be using my time in getting the car out of the pound and getting it tax compliant, rather than asking questions as to whether the car can be towed or not...

Is it a requirement here to talk down to people? It's none of your business why the OP didn't register the car, and they're perfectly entitled to ask about procedure.

I'm entitled to give my opinion and ask questions just as you, the OP and anyone else are. Don't like it? Then don't read...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Wether they drive it or tow it you still get charged the same fee. Many prefer to have it towed to defer any liablilty for any damage that the owner might claim was caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mstq

It wasn't re-registered after being imported.

• Advertisement

We understood that from your post. I think you're only allowed 24 hours before you have to make an appointment to get the car inspected and VRT'd.

Have you got the car back from the pound yet?

Advertisement