Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MCE Insurance Ireland, any good?

• 22-04-2013 5:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭

See MCE are now offering insurance in Ireland, anyone using them. My insurance with CN is due up next month and looking for other options. Adelaide Insurance have given me a good quote for both bikes.

http://www.mceinsurance.com/ireland/

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Interesting. More competition is always welcome. Wonder do they do a multi bike policy. Impossible to get one at the moment if you're under 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Excellent news. The more competition the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

so who does multi bike policies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Carole Nash do mine and Adelaide quoted me for multi bike but including any other bike which CN does not have on my policy. Will ring mce tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

thecivvie wrote: »
    Carole Nash do mine and Adelaide quoted me for multi bike but including any other bike which CN does not have on my policy. Will ring mce tomorrow

hmmmm let me know tmorrow will ya!

• Advertisement

They offer multi bike and riding other bikes and CN do if you goto TPFT

Will post details on the insurance tread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Do they have offices in Ireland or are they doing it direct from the UK. I can only imagine the scenario God forbid you have to claim talking to someone on the phone in the UK.

Still as was said the more competition the better, my insurance is up in 2 mths and deffo wanna get the helmet and leathers on the policy.

UK offices by the sound of it. My gear and helmet policy is a separate policy with CN, always paid a month later :) Only thing with CN is that they only offer 3 months payment where as Adelaide offer 10

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Interesting. More competition is always welcome. Wonder do they do a multi bike policy. Impossible to get one at the moment if you're under 25.

ive got multibike with CN and im 22, didnt cost too much to add the second :pac:

bitburger wrote: »
    ive got multibike with CN and im 22, didnt cost too much to add the second :pac:
    They told me last year they wouldn't take under 25s

• Advertisement

i dunno so, i dont even have a full license yet,

Odd. I've a full licence for over two years and 5 years no claims. Am 22 as well. What bikes you got?

cb500 and a vespa 200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Tried this crowd tonight...

At the moment they will not insure me with a provisional licence for on a CB400...
    I explained to them I had an unrestricted licence etc, and was told to call back in a month or two when they have all their niggles ironed out.

Would love to know what sort of quotes people with full licences are getting, so if anyone gets one, please inform us. and let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Would love to know what sort of quotes people with full licences are getting, so if anyone gets one, please inform us. and let us know how you get on!

TheCivvie got a quote off them yesterday I think it was:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84287380&postcount=529

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

One of my bikes used to give trouble, so I like CN's free breakdown service (3 or times free), and the legal cover helped once when a van hit that same bike, which still lives, but the wiring really needs to be redone in part at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

Do many of yis have helmet and leathers cover?

Eoin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Do many of yis have helmet and leathers cover?

Eoin

Don't see the point TBH.

If you have an accident where someone else is the cause you're entitled to claim for your gear just like your bike, loss of earnings etc. and my home insurance covers them for theft (even when out of the house).

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Don't see the point TBH.

If you have an accident where someone else is the cause you're entitled to claim for your gear just like your bike, loss of earnings etc. and my home insurance covers them for theft (even when out of the house).

Gives me the peace of mind if I hit a spot of diesel on the road, an animal hits me (try finding the owner then) or any other non 3rd party accident

Gives me the peace of mind if I hit a spot of diesel on the road, an animal hits me (try finding the owner then) or any other non 3rd party accident

Loss of no claims will cost more than the cost of your gear I would imagine.

• Advertisement

Any accident where I lose my no claims is a pain but as I only have TPFT I wont be claiming for offs not involving someone else and I prefer to have my gear covered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Any accident where I lose my no claims is a pain but as I only have TPFT I wont be claiming for offs not involving someone else and I prefer to have my gear covered

That does not make much sense to me.

You want to claim for your gear, but not for your bike? :confused:

Which is more expensive - your gear or your bike?

P.C. wrote: »

Maybe leathers & helmets are covered by a separate policy. But even so you would have to disclose to your insurer that you were involved in an accident and made a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Maybe leathers & helmets are covered by a separate policy. But even so you would have to disclose to your insurer that you were involved in an accident and made a claim.

That is why I don't get it.

Maybe it is just me, but I would rather have fully comp, and claim for the bike.

P.C. wrote: »

To be honest, my gear. I have paid more for my gear than either of my bikes ;). But now that I have the gear I wanted, I plan to get a decent bike and that will have fully comp insurance

CN/Groupama have helmet and leathers cover. I have used the one piece leather racing suit a bit, or will, no bikes or cars yet per doctor's orders. That and an Arai would easily be more expensive than a small bike a few years old. I do sometimes see cautious people with a learners bike but top notch leathers and helmet. MCE might be a bungling low cost operator if these UK reviews are any guide. If they don't do multi bike cover, no good whatsover to me.

MCE quoted me for multi bike and were the cheapest but with a €700 excess and no breakdown cover, it was not suitable for me. I managed to get CN to come down from €460 TP multi bike to €337 TPFT multi bike

MCE quoted me for multi bike and were the cheapest but with a €700 excess and no breakdown cover, it was not suitable for me. I managed to get CN to come down from €460 TP multi bike to €337 TPFT multi bike

700 excess? What a pointless quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 marcexec

MCE were the only ones with a sensible quote for my FZS 600 (no big deal) and my RF400 (electric) project bike, after a lot of time wasted with CN (got an OK quote, then adding on the Fazer felt like a kick in the groin, after everybody else basically told me "no electrics")

At MCE the first time I called the girl was not able to quote me because of the 25kW limit but that was an error. (still quite professional about it, didn't leave with a bad feeling)
    2nd time I called the guy was like "don't care if it's electric, petrol or diesel, I'm putting in the power in kW anyway", ticked the "modified" box and I got an acceptable quote, finally allowing me to test the project on the roads.

OT: you can find my project by searching for RF400E

• Advertisement
Advertisement