Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a Scooter

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

mitosis wrote: »
    Full-18133902.jpeg

If you want to buy a scooter, buy one with character. This, for example, is a 125cc Vespa. There's lots on Donedeal.

This.

I love vespas. Iv had quite a few at this stage. Bout the most fun Iv had on 2 wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 24 helen12

Bikerguy wrote: »
    50cc is not for sport purpose. I dont know what u mean by that, but scoot is for moving around. Easy parking and cheap to run.
    Btw you dont need to modify aerox or katana at all to be fast.

I mentioned speedfight peugeot only becuase i had 50cc i had issues with brand and reliabilty. Overheating and electrical issues but thats related to peugeot not to 50cc in general.

I am not saying that 125cc is bad or better i am saying that for start and only for city commuting only 50cc is more then enough.
    Well thanks for your recomandation.
    You are right for city commuting only 50cc is more than enough. 50cc scooter is most popular with kids also. Now I have an idea about Peugeot 'issues.

I just tried the link from here and it worked so I'm not sure why you couldn't access it. Its an 09 Suzuki in the scooter section of donedeal for 995 if you wanna have a look, or pm me and we can arrange for you to see it.
    Don't get me wrong, 50cc bikes are good fun, I've had katanas, aeroxs and driven others, but there's a noticeable difference between them and the 125. The 125 has better power, fuel economy and less maintenance. The 50 can be as quick but they had to be moded, remove restrictions, change rollers, power pipe exhaust ect.... This is all fine for a quick bike but it all shortens the life of the 2 stroke engine and was mainly done by young fellas on the garden so may lead problems, cross threaded bolts ect... Plus adding the smell of burnt 2 stroke oil to your clothes every day- all 2 strokes burn oil, its how the engine works
    Thanks careful now sharing this information .Did you upload some pictures of your curtains, aeroxs etc.? But the minimum age for driving 125cc is at least 17 years and my brother is only 16 years old.

P.C. wrote: »
    Where does your brother live?

Is is no good if we recommend scooters that you can't view, or buy.

My brother lives in the UK and take much interest to buy a scooter.

Full-18133902.jpeg

If you want to buy a scooter, buy one with character. This, for example, is a 125cc Vespa. There's lots on Donedeal.
    It is looking good but my brother is focusing to buy a 50 cc model.Did you have any idea about 50cc Vespa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

They exist. And look great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Vespa are great but i have been always thinking they are for female population only.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

IMAG0454.jpg

This is a 50cc vespa.

That one you linked is a cheap Chinese knock off

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

helen12 wrote: »
    Thanks careful now sharing this information .Did you upload some pictures of your curtains, aeroxs etc.? But the minimum age for driving 125cc is at least 17 years and my brother is only 16 years old.
    wtf... curtains?????:o
    helen12 wrote: »
    He is 20 years old.Thanks for your suggestion.What you think which is good one 50cc or 125cc?
    is he 20 or 16?? why are you asking about 125's if he cant drive one?:confused:

Thanks for sharing.It is looking pretty.

• Advertisement

Vespa are great but i have been always thinking they are for female population only.
    ok thanks for telling . Did boys cannot use them?

IMAG0454.jpg

This is a 50cc vespa.

That one you linked is a cheap Chinese knock off
    It is looking awesome. Chines product did not have much guaranteed. People mostly avoid buying chines models.

wtf... curtains?????:o

is he 20 or 16?? why are you asking about 125's if he cant drive one?:confused:

Sorry my mistake. He is 20 and he can drive too but we are out of budget before now since we are in the budget so I need your help to select which is good in quality and also not too much costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Jesus, where did you get that one from. There are vespa owner clubs and scooter clubs all over Ireland. One of my bikes is a Vespa 200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Odysseus wrote: »
    Jesus, where did you get that one from. There are vespa owner clubs and scooter clubs all over Ireland. One of my bikes is a Vespa 200

I am telling u if i imagine vespa bike in my head i can see nice female driving her, i am not sure maybe there was an add back then or something.

I decided to buy City Sport 50cc Scooter from Scooter City for my brother.It is looking awesome so I decided to buy it.
    I am saying thanks to all of you for helping me.It is a good forum where I am guided a lot.

Advertisement